Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

ERROR: Unable to find Intel(R) FPGA OpenCL platform.

Erfan
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to use Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL version 20.1 and targeting Arria 10 GX board.

I installed the FPGA board using aocl install, and aocl diagnose test passes, and it's able to find Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL platform, as shown in the attached image, but when I invoke the host program, it cannot find the platform using cl_int clGetPlatformIDs.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Have you tested with any of Intel's existing OpenCL examples? If not, do so. If Intel's examples work, then the problem is from your host code and you should post that so that we can take a look at it. If Intel's examples don't work either, then you can consider downgrading to v19.4 since there might be some issue with the new v20.1.

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi

Glad to see the discussions.

Please refer

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qs-ias-opencl-a10.pdf

for a quick reference on the commands and OpenCL flow.

Can you please post the results of the aocl program command ,in more detail ,and if possible having the code example also helps.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos