Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
453 Discussions

Error in running the HLS tutorials

anujp10
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to run the "<quartus_installation)directory>"/hls/examples/tutorials (/glob/development-tools/versions/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/hls/examples/tutorials) on the FPGA_DevCloud using the 20.1 version of HLS compiler. I am encountering two problems:

1. When I am trying to access the "Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL" from the "devcloud_login" prompt I am using 1.2.1 version. After this when I try to run "tools_setup" command it throws and error "(-) ERROR:
Cannot start ModelSim even though it exists;
Maybe there are some missing libraries, or
a wrong setting of MTI_VCO_MODE?
When trying to run the program, it returned:
bash: /glob/development-tools/versions/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/modelsim_ae/linuxaloem/vsim: No such file or directory".
2. When I try to run the "make" command in "/glob/development-tools/versions/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/hls/examples/tutorials/ac_datatypes/ac_int_basic_ops/" directory, it fails.

Can you please help me with the above problems.

Regards,
Anuj

1 Reply
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Please let us know the source of instructions which you are using to run the HLS tutorial on dev cloud,

Thanks and Regards

Anil