Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
661 Discussions

FPGA compile blocks all other development

Mickleman
New Contributor I

Hi

FPGA compiles typically take 6 to 24 hours.  During that time I obviously wish to continue testing previous versions and developing new ones using the quick report level compiles.

As of today neither of these is possible until the background compile has finished - I simply cannot access a second compile/run node.  What do I need to do to be able to do this again?

Regards, Marcus

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi Marcus,

You can try save your Quartus on a Git repository, have different branches for different simulations. You can access the older versions of your project.

Is this what you want? Or were you asking if you could do multiple simulations on the same Quartus software?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Mickleman
New Contributor I

Thank you for your reply, Nurina

My apologies - I omitted to mention this is about using oneAPI on the devcloud.  Effectively I can only access one FPGA compile/compute node simultaneously whereas I used to be able to access 4.  And 2 is a minimum for efficient development.

Kind regards

Marcus

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Marcus,

Are you accessing DevCloud through MobaXterm? You can just use another terminal to do another compilation.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Marcus,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

0 Kudos