Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

How to resolve : Unable to get device ID

well
New Contributor I

Dear intel team,

When trying to compile my host code today. I got this error message "Unable to get device_id
". This error message is part of my code. It is strange because yesterday, I didn't get this error message. 

See these lines of code plz:

cl_platform_id fpga_paltform = NULL;
if (clGetPlatformIDs(1, &fpga_paltform, NULL) != CL_SUCCESS) {
printf("Unable to get platform_id\n");
return 1;
}

cl_device_id fpga_device = NULL;
if (clGetDeviceIDs(fpga_paltform, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, 1, &fpga_device, NULL) != CL_SUCCESS) {
printf("Unable to get device_id\n");
return 1;
}

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

Could you share the reproducer so that we can try from our end? Also we would like to know whether you are using oneapi devcloud or fpga devcloud.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
well
New Contributor I

I am using fpga devcloud.

I attached the host and kernel codes. Also the dataset and an image of part of the required outputs. 

Your swift response will be highly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
well
New Contributor I

Dear intel team,

Still didn't hear from you any update.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @well,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
Mind if I ask in which node that you are facing the problem and the command used for the compilation?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
well
New Contributor I

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel 

I attached a screenshot for the process. It is include the node, commands, and the error message. 

Please let me know if you need additional information since I really need to fix this issue as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @well,

Thanks for the details, based on the screenshot, by any chances did you managed to source the relevant opencl resource with source command?
After sourcing would suggest to run a aocl diagnose to confirm device name installed.

Would also be a great help if you are able to share the makefile content for us to further investigate.
Please let us know if that helps to clarify.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
well
New Contributor I

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel 

Thanks for your reply. 

I am not sure what do you mean by " by any chances did you managed to source the relevant opencl resource with source command?
After sourcing would suggest to run a aocl diagnose to confirm device name installed." ?? 

Could you clarify more please ??

However, I attached the Makefile that I used. 

Please reply as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @well,

Apologies for the confusion, source as in loading the right tools/component for the OpenCL to compile within devcloud.
Hence would suggest to try out the quick start guide here for stratix device with example design.

That might give you a insight on getting the right tools and bsp.
Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @well,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.
Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @well,

Greetings, unfortunately as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided. Hence thread will now be transitioned to community support and we will no longer monitor this thread. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos