Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

Incorrect temperature read for a10_ref BSP of v20.1

DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I

I have recently upgraded the BSP of a10_ref board to version 20.1. And the aocl diagnose command could not correctly read the temperature now as follow. How can I fix this issue ?

temperature.PNG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I may need to check with our internal team regarding this issue, but I need to confirm a few things:

Is the issue seen on multiple devices?

Is this issue seen only on 20.1 after the upgrade?

May I know your procedure when upgrading to version 20.1?

Were there any errors reported during any of the compilation?

0 Kudos
DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I

Hi thx for the reply.

(1) I have two a10 boards installed on my workstation, the other one is Teraisc's DE5a-net-ddr4, which works fine after the upgrade, Please see the diagnose result as follow:

11111.PNG

33333.PNG

(2) It was only seen when I upgrade to v20.1. I have never seen this issue since first using v16.0.

(3) I followed the usual routine to upgrade the board and software, which is first installing the new SDK with quartus, and then reinstalling the BSP by using aocl install command, then recompiling the reference design (something like vectoradder), finally using aocl flash command to update the bitstream (the new aocx file) file of the board.

However, I do have multple versions (including v19.1, v19.3 and v20.1) of SDK installed on my workstation, but never got this kind of error before.

​(4) no errors have been reported during the compilation .

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided, I am still getting information form our internal team for this fix, it may take some time.

Just to confirm v19.1 and v19.3 you are not seeing this temperatures reading correct?

0 Kudos
DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I

Hi, yes, I have not seen such error when using v19.1 and v19.3.

0 Kudos