Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

Incremental compile - System integrator failed

QPham9
Beginner

Hello,

I encountered an error "System Integrator FAILED" when I tried to run an incremental compile (step 3 in section 7.24 of the programming guide for intel FPGA for OpenCL, see link below) after modifying a kernel.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/mwh1391807965224.html#kpe1518204453702

aoc -v -incremental -fast-compile kernel_name.cl

There was only a log file with nothing related to the error. There was no other output file that I can use to debug the issue.

So I think the compile crashed before actually compile anything.

According to the output in the command prompt (windows 10 pro), aoc compiler recognizes the directory of previous compile and based incremental compile off this directory.

Have anyone encountered the same issue ?

Thanks

Q

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know the information as below:

1. OpenCL compiler/ BSP version used
  2. OS used

Can you provide the hots code file and kernel code file attached here to further investigate?

Thanks

0 Kudos
QPham9
Beginner

Hi Mylee,

The compiler is aoc version 19.2.0 build 57 pro edition on Windows 10 Pro.

Because of the work I am doing, I can't provide the code.

If you have a sample code that you know it works, I am happy to compile it to see if It's my code or the tool that caused the issue.

Thanks,

Q

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know the compilation for design example have any issues ie: system integrator FAILED?

Also, may I know which FPGA device you are using?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
QPham9
Beginner

Hi,

There was no issue when I ran the incremental compile on the vector addition example.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/design-examples/design-software/opencl/vector-addition.html

The FPGA device is Arria 10 GX FPGA dev kit.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

In the log file, there are some "task" attribute is ignored.

May you give me an sample test case (kernel code file) that can duplicate this error?

Thanks

0 Kudos
QPham9
Beginner

Hi,

I tried to duplicate the error by adding that attribute to one kernel in vector add example above. When I ran the aoc compile, I got this error message:

C:\_qp\inc_compile\exm_opencl_vector_add_x64_windows\vector_add\device>aoc -report -v -incremental vector_add.cl   aoc: Environment checks are completed successfully.   aoc: Cached files in C:\Users\Q\AppData\Local\aocl may be used to reduce compilation time   You are now compiling the full flow!!   aoc: Selected default target board a10gx_hostpipe_net   aoc: Running OpenCL parser....   In file included from c:/_qp/inc_compile/exm_opencl_vector_add_x64_windows/vector_add/device/vector_add.cl:26:   c:/_qp/inc_compile/exm_opencl_vector_add_x64_windows/vector_add/device/vector_div.cl:3:16: warning: unknown attribute 'task' ignored   __attribute__((task))   ^   1 warning generated.   aoc: OpenCL parser completed successfully.   aoc: Linking Object files....   aoc: Found existing directory c:/_qp/inc_compile/exm_opencl_vector_add_x64_windows/vector_add/device/vector_add, basing incremental compile off this directory.   Error: Can't copy Board template files: Can't open c:/_qp/inc_compile/exm_opencl_vector_add_x64_windows/vector_add/device/vector_add/ip/ethernet/ethernet_mm_clock_crossing_bridge_0/altera_avalon_mm_clock_crossing_bridge_191/synth/ethernet_mm_clock_crossing_bridge_0_altera_avalon_mm_clock_crossing_bridge_191_pbdlwri.v for write: No such file or directory

I checked the current installed BSP at that path. The file exists. Somehow during the compilation, the file wasn't copied to the vector_add project.

I did switch BSP at some point. Not sure if that caused the issue.

0 Kudos
QPham9
Beginner

So I got pass the error "Can't copy Board template files..."

The incremental compile finished w/o issue for the example project. So it's not the "task" attribute that caused the issue.

I am still trying to re-create the "system integrator failed" issue using the example project. If you have any suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I have the kernel file (.cl) as mentioned above " by adding that attribute to one kernel in vector add example"?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I had download the file and would like to carry out the compilation on my side.

I will need some time to do on the test.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Seem like there is some errors in system integrator with compile the hostpipe.

I will report to the team.

Thanks

0 Kudos
QPham9
Beginner

Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos