Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
654 Discussions

Profiling data not found when trying to use aocl report

JRome28
Novice

Hi! I am using a Stratix 10 MX FPGA board. I am trying to get the profiling report as you can find in page 109 of "Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ ProEdition Best Practices Guide" about "Launching the Intel FPGA Dynamic Profiler for OpenCL GUI (report)".

The steps are as follow:

//First compile the kernel adding -profile flag to insert performance counters into the kernel //Compile.... //Second, launch the host application to collect report data and generate profile.mon file ./host_fpga my_kernel //Now launch profile with profile generated aocl report my_kernel.aocx profile.mon my_kernel.source

After following all this steps I found the report "empty"of results: I can see all the source code but all the report data that are supose to appear on the right side of the source code is missing.

Beside of that, when the profile is running, in the terminal I can see the following warning: "WARNING: Selected File does not have the same path as the file's path stored in .aocx file! May result in blank data.".

However, I have in the same directory the host (.cpp) and kernel (.cl) source codes, the compiled kernel (.aocx), host file (binary) and profiling files (.source, profile.mon). So I don't understand the reason of that warning and the empty profiling data.

I have found an other post related with this same issue but with no answer and closed, so I reopened the question.

Can anyone help me to find the missing profiling data?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know the information as below:

1. OS version
  2. OpenCL SDK edition and version
  3. command used and flow

May I know is there any other error message or warning shown while compiling?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JRome28
Novice

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I have done a deeper research in the forum and I found a previous answer that you provide to an other user. I had the same version and the same problem than that user and with your recommendation and I was able to solve the problem.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004ZBGCtSAP/profiling-data-missing-in-aocl-report-for-opencl-kernel

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks you for your information and I am glad that you had solved your problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos