Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
661 Discussions

Quartus Prime Standard v19.1

HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Quartus Prime Pro v19.1 was released recently but so far v19.1 is unavailable for Quartus Prime Standard (and Quartus Lite). I understand that the devices supported by Quartus Prime Standard are more or less legacy now and their related tool-chain is not under active development anymore. However, I do not see why the HLS and OpenCL compilers which are device-independent are not updated for Quartus Prime Standard. Is Intel going to update Quartus prime Standard anymore or is v18.1 going to be the last version ever released?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

There is no official announcement about this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
PVanS1
Beginner

When trying to update Quartus, I see that there is now a Quartus Prime standard 19.1 for Linux, but not for Windows.

From this post, it seems that the release of this version has already some history.

Last time I looked, we are actually paying for support for Quartus Prime Standard, so I would expect an official announcement about a timeline by now.

0 Kudos
PVanS1
Beginner

Sorry, for the somewhat nasty comment, I see that progress has been made since the original post.

In fact, I was positively surprised that there was a functional update of Quartus Standard in the works.

Nevertheless, after reading the release notes of verison 2019, it does makes a bad impression that we are instructed to periodically check for updates in a release note dating 2019.09.30.

Having problems is understandable, we are all developers after all, keeping your customers on-hold for 3 months (or at least that is what it looks like) is less understandable.

0 Kudos