Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
662 Discussions

Simualte HLS IP with Qsys

BigHandsomeBee

If adding a HLS-generated IP to a qsys project, how to simulate the qsys project with Modelsim-Altera?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi BigHandsomeBee,

You can find the details regarding simulation with of HLS using modelsim in the following link under chapter 6:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/hls/archives/ug-hls-18-1.pdf

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
BigHandsomeBee

This does not answer my question.

My question is after integrating the HLS IP inside a Qsys project, how to simulate the project.

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi BigHandsomeBee,

I will close this thread if no further question.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi BigHandsomeBee,

Sorry that I may not fully understand your question, can share more details about it? In chapter 6 of the document, it mentioned the process of verifying Your IP with simulation using modelsim. I can try to provide more info from your feedback.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
BigHandsomeBee

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not asking how to simulate HLS IP.

What I'm trying to do is that, I have a verified HLS IP, and I need to integrate this IP into a Qsys project, connecting it with other component/IPs, to build a project.

After building the Qsys project, I need to run the simulation to verify the project.

Then I need to use ModelSim to simulate the project.

But when simulating with ModelSim, it complains that the HLS IP module cannot be resolved, which means, I guess, I need to compile the instantiated HLS IP into a library before simulating the Qsys project with ModelSim.

But I don't know how to do that.

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi BigHandsomeBee,

May I know how you managed to generate simulation files in qsys but when opening up with modelsim, there is error?

Can share us the logs of the error?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi BigHandsomeBee,

Any follow up from the previous comment?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi BigHandsomeBee,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos