Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Systems with fpga,darby need more hugepages

GrueMaster
Beginner

Systems with S10 were configured with 256 hugepages (cat /sys/kernel/mm/hugepages/hugepages-2048kB/nr_hugepages) a few weeks ago.  Now they are reverted back to 20.  Can we get them set back to 256?  Our tools require them to be high, to be able to maximize the DMA transfers between the S10 and system memory.  The demo DMA provided by IntelDevStack is not sufficient for realtime streaming, and we have written our own optimized DMA engine, but we require these larger page tables.  Other users will benefit from them as well.

To enable, please add

vm.nr_hugepages = 256

to /etc/sysctl.d/10-hugetlbfs.conf and either run 'sudo sysctl -p' or reboot to enable them.

Thanks,

Tobin Davis

Senior DevOps Engineer

Megh Computing

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the sharing. You may also refer to the wiki in https://wiki.debian.org/Hugepages.

0 Kudos
GrueMaster
Beginner

Not sure what this link was intended to show me, but the systems in question have been reset back to 256 (requested through other channels).

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The link provided is to related on how to set the hugepage on Linux.

0 Kudos
GrueMaster
Beginner

As a Linux developer and sysadmin for 25 years (I helped work on the Intel LinuxSET images back in 1999-2003), I am well aware of how to set this, however it requires root/sudo which is not allowed on devcloud.

Just because your forum tags me as a beginner doesn't mean I am one.

0 Kudos