Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

Timing Analysis not met on holdtime

KWang97
Beginner

Hold time slack is minus, so how to solve this problem? How can I meet Timing requirements. Some specific files about my project are attached. Please download and help me analyze it and hope for your solutions. Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
17 Replies
KWang97
Beginner

“FPGA_CLOCK_25MHZ” is the 25MHZ input clock, “pll_clk_out_50 ” is clock generated by PLL IP which is 50MHz, and “pll_clk_out_50 ” didn't meet the Timing analysis.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Can you provide the design for investigation? May I know the software editon and version?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner

resources occupancy.pngquartus prime standard 18.1。 While the design can't be shared for confidential reason.

Hope you could provide solutions to improve negative hold time slack. The setup time slack is ok.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

It is difficult to investigate the timing violation without the design. Can you report the failing path in details for both setup and hold?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner

How to see failing path in details for both setup and hold? I don't know how to get the failing path, how to operate to get it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may report setup summary > report timing on the failing clock > export the report

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner
Hi Thanks for your reply. But I can’t see where is “report timing on the failing clock”. Could you please the specific steps with pictures showing where can I find these items.
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may right click on the failing clock > Report Timing

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner
Hi Thanks. I can’t find acq_trigger_in_reg[2]? Where is it? And how to improve holdtime slack?
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know where do you want to find acq_trigger_in_reg[2], in RTL Viewer, Chip Planner, Timing Analyzer, or others?

It is difficult to improve the slack without looking into the design. May I request the timing report for the failing path in details?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner

Please check the report attached

0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I have the report for setup on the same path?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner

Please download the setup report attched.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You could try overconstraining by adding the following to your sdc file

set current_exe $::TimeQuestInfo(nameofexecutable)

if { $current_exe == "quartus_fit" } {

set_min_delay -from -to <value>

post_message -type info "Overconstraining path"

}

https://fpgawiki.intel.com/wiki/Timing_Constraints#Overconstrain_path

Thanks

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Do you have any updates?

Thanks.

0 Kudos