Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
529 Discussions

OpenCL host code getting compile error: ‘clCreatePipe’ was not declared in this scope

okramer
New Contributor I

I'm including CL/cl.hpp. However, I see that 'clCreatePipe' is defined in CL/cl.h. In the comments section of cl.hpp, it explicitely says,

* The interface is contained with a single C++ header file \em cl.hpp and all * definitions are contained within the namespace \em cl. There is no additional * requirement to include \em cl.h and to use either the C++ or original C * bindings it is enough to simply include \em cl.hpp.

However, cl.hpp does not declare "clCreatePipe". I will need to include cl.h even though the header says I don't. Is it OK then to also include cl.h (before cl.hpp)?

In my code, I tried also adding the cl:: namespace (cl::clCreatePipe), but got the same error.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
okramer
New Contributor I

It looks like I have to do

#define CL_TARGET_OPENCL_VERSION 200

#include <CL/opencl.h>

in my host code, per Appendix 3 in the OpenCL programmers guide. It now compiles.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
okramer
New Contributor I

It looks like I have to do

#define CL_TARGET_OPENCL_VERSION 200

#include <CL/opencl.h>

in my host code, per Appendix 3 in the OpenCL programmers guide. It now compiles.

MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Yes, you have to define CL_TARGET_OPENCL_VERSION 200 in order to used OpenCL 2.0 features.

Thanks