Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

aocl-clang.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Krus83
Beginner

Hi, I've been using the i++ compiler for a while now without issues but out of nowhere I'm getting an error when compiling, see below. Even after re-installing Quartus/HLS, the issue remains.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Krus83,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope all is well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Mind if I ask where is that error generating? If during compilation what are the command used?
What OS are you using and what are the quartus and HLS version installed?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
Krus83
Beginner

Hi,

The error is generated when using any i++ command regardless of which source file or -march=**  is used.

Windows 10

Quartus 18.1 (re-installed, no improvement)

HLS 18.1 (re-installed, no improvement)

Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate (re-installed, no improvement)

Additionally, genereationlib.dll was replaced (no improvement)

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Krus83,

Noted with thanks on the details, my guess is there might be some corruption on your PATH environment variable, maybe you can double check on that.

As mention it was working previously, by any chances did you installed another version of quartus recently?
And the current in used or working previously are quartus 18.1 lite?

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
Krus83
Beginner

Hi, thank you for the fast response.

All paths have been checked and compared with a working system and I can't see anything wrong there.

No other versions of Quartus have been installed recently.

Correct, 18.1 Lite is the one in use and was previously working.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Krus83,

Thank you for the patients, we are still trying to figure out the possible cause here.
At the meant time, would suggest to check the following:
1)possible to try to compile any example design that comes with hls installation.
2)any chances do you have more recent hls version other than 18.1 lite to test on?
3) you mention you have a similar working system, is it hls 18.1 lite/quartus 18.1/ VS 2010 Ultimate? and are you able to compile the same design there?

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
Krus83
Beginner

Hi,

1)possible to try to compile any example design that comes with hls installation.

Same error

2)any chances do you have more recent hls version other than 18.1 lite to test on?

Same error.

3) you mention you have a similar working system, is it hls 18.1 lite/quartus 18.1/ VS 2010 Ultimate? and are you able to compile the same design there?

Yes.

I have now several colleagues with the same problem and it seems to have come after windows update KB5008212. Uninstalling the update does not solve the problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Krus83,

Noted on the updates, would it be convenient for you to provide an screenshot of your windows specification for us to refer to? (Would like to understand more on what are the version and OS Build you have)

As we are looking into the microsoft updates KB5008212, it seems to be a security updates.
Did some investigation perhaps we can some suggestion to try on reinstalling the microsoft visual C++ restributable packages.
Please do let us know if that helps while we investigate further.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Krus83,

Good day, just following up on the previous clarification.
By any chances did you managed to look into the it?

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Krus83,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are resolved. Hence thread will no longer be monitored. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos