Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

unable to install intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a10gx-s10sx-2022.1.0-1 from yum repositories

joeryan
Beginner

I've been trying to install the oneAPI for Intel FPGA add-ons through the yum repository, but have been unsuccessful.  It shows 1.9Gb in the yum info, but it exceeds that by .2Gb/9% and then errors out.  I've posted the output below.  I was unable to access the direct download zip file due to permission errors or limitations on the Intel site.

Thanks,

Joe

$ sudo yum install intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a10gx-s10sx

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, nvidia

Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

Resolving Dependencies

--> Running transaction check

---> Package intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a10gx-s10sx.x86_64 0:2022.1.0-1 will be installed

--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

=========================================================================

Package                                                              Arch                                Version                                   Repository                           Size

Installing:

intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a10gx-s10sx                              x86_64                              2022.1.0-1                                oneAPI                              1.9 G

Transaction Summary

Install  1 Package

Total download size: 1.9 G

Installed size: 0  

Is this ok [y/d/N]: y

Downloading packages:

intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a1 FAILED                                           109% [======================================================================]  23 MB/s | 2.1 GB  --:--:-- ETA

https://yum.repos.intel.com/oneapi/intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a10gx-s10sx-2022.1.0-1.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] curl#63 - "Callback aborted"===================]  23 MB/s | 2.1 GB  --:--:-- ETA

Trying other mirror.

Error downloading packages:

intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a10gx-s10sx-2022.1.0-1.x86_64: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @joeryan,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
We did managed to validate the link from our and it seems to work accordingly.
Hence my guess is perhaps the host machine you are trying to installing are having a network issues.

Would suggest on the following 1) if host machine are in a company network please do ensure proxy are setup. 2) downloading the installer and installing it offline.
Both options are mention in the step#3 in the install packages.
Hope that clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
joeryan
Beginner

I get the same results when using --downloadonly flag for yum or the yumdownloader.  I have tried downloading the package from multiple systems over two completely different internet connections and have had exactly the same results listed below.

Thanks,

Joe

# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/intel.repo  
[intel]
name=Intel® oneAPI repository
baseurl=https://yum.repos.intel.com/oneapi
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
repo_gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=https://yum.repos.intel.com/intel-gpg-keys/GPG-PUB-KEY-INTEL-SW-PRODUCTS.PUB

# yumdownloader intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a10gx-s10sx.x86_64
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirrors.gigenet.com
* epel: download-ib01.fedoraproject.org
* extras: mirror.web-ster.com
* updates: mirror.web-ster.com
intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a1 FAILED                                                               109% [==========================================================================================] 1.6 MB/s | 2.1 GB  --:--:-- ETA  
https://yum.repos.intel.com/oneapi/intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a10gx-s10sx-2022.1.0-1.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] curl#63 - "Callback aborted"===========================================================] 1.6 MB/s | 2.1 GB  --:--:-- ETA  
Trying other mirror.
intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a10gx-s10sx-2022.1.0-1.x86_64: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

0 Kudos
joeryan
Beginner

It may be something with the way CentOS 7.9 sees the yum package.  I am trying on Fedora 35 and it is 38% at 7.0 Gb and still running.  I'll update when that is done.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @joeryan,

Appreciate the updates, yes we do notice similar anomaly behavior from our end.
And are currently seeking the relevant team to look into the project itself.
Will keep you posted for any updates, just confirm are you able to complete the download with fedora?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @joeryan,

Thank you for the patients, this is just to let you know that we are still working on the mention issues.

And will keep you posted for any updates on the CentOS issues.

By any chances is the download completed with fedora?

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @joeryan,

Good day, just following up and update on the previous clarification.

The broken repo for CentOS 7 has been escalated to the related team and do expect the updates in the future or there will also be an article for any workaround related to this.

However as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are overcome. Hence thread will no longer be monitored.

For new queries/follow up, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos