Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
679 Discussions

where is ap_uint or ap_int c++ type defined

Liyen
Beginner

hello,

Recently I tried to review and understand HLS architecture in Quartus tools,

in hls/include/HLS/ac_int.h, there were many instances of ap_uint or ap_int

type referenced but I couldn't find any definition about them, would you please

help me to confirm that whether if this specific type was intrinsic to i++ (Intel

HLS compiler)? if not where can I find the proper definition of it? much appreciate for the guideance

-liyen-

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Liyen
Beginner

Hello,

To follow up my own question posted several days ago, I am trying to create a HLS design upon

Cyclone V soc (with dual arm cortex A9), it's clear that I can develop HLS IP components to optimize

system bottleneck, I would also like the entire design to be run on this soc so ability to communicate

between processor core(s) to HLS IP(s) is critical, would you anyone please guide me how to and/or

point me the appropriate online design documents? much appreciate

-liyen-

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Liyen,

The references for the ap_uint/ap_int in intel hls can be found in the document below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683349/23-4/declaring-ac-int-data-types.html

As for the example design to create an IP when installed intel HLS, it is already provided as part of the installation, which can be found in the path below:

- <quartus_installdir>/hls/examples/<design_example_name>

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Liyen,

Do let me know if there is further questions.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
Liyen
Beginner

Hello Aik,

Thanks for the pointers, I did mean the definitions of ap_uint and ap_int, instead ac_uinnt and ac_int,

which were apparently derived some sort from the former, anyway I supposed these most likely are

the intrinsic datatype specific to i++, in fact, I observed these arbitrary precision datatype from Xilinx

git repo one day, perhaps they are very close to what were utilized in Altera HLS. thank you very much

anyway, plus I do have another question about Quartus standard edition, which is the single seat pricing?

do you have any idea?

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee
0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Liyen,

I will close the thread if there is no further question.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Liyen,

I am closing the thread for now.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos