Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

CPU Overheating

scar_uk
Beginner

hi I'm new to your forum and am seeking help with an overheating cpu.
Temperatureof cpu as I post 52c and core temp 51c.
I have replaced the thermal paste with a slight reduction in temp to the present readings but not enough.
The fan details are as follows: D60188 - 001 CE.

INTEL
260 832 95

FHP-7543 REV.A

12 VDC 0.60A
FUJIKURA

My question is, Isit possible to fit a more powerful fan, to help remove excess heat or maybe a bigger heat sink?
Not being to clever with the bits and pieces within my black box, ... I seek your help and advice.
Kind regards
Scar_UK

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
This hardly appears to relate to the topic of this forum, so might fit better with the catchall "Watercooler" forum. You don't give any indication why you consider those readings a problem; the coolest CPU I have seen runs at 43c when not loaded. If you are overclocking, that's a diffferent matter, and you should go to an overclocking discussion site.
Also, if overclocking, you can't use power saving modes which keep the fan off, allow somewhat higher temperatures, but limit CPU temperature or power consumption by controlling clock speed.
It is certainly possible to change the CPU cooler, which you might want to do if yours doesn't reliably speed up the fan when necessary to prevent temperature rising above normal.
My latest machine, a desktop, has a high power consumption video card, with the air flow arranged originally so that the CPU fan took in the hot exhaust from the video card, leading to thermal shutdown even though the CPU cooler seems to have been operating normally.
0 Kudos
coolman010
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
This hardly appears to relate to the topic of this forum, so might fit better with the catchall "Watercooler" forum. You don't give any indication why you consider those readings a problem; the coolest CPU I have seen runs at 43c when not loaded. If you are overclocking, that's a diffferent matter, and you should go to an overclocking discussion site.
Also, if overclocking, you can't use power saving modes which keep the fan off, allow somewhat higher temperatures, but limit CPU temperature or power consumption by controlling clock speed.
It is certainly possible to change the CPU cooler, which you might want to do if yours doesn't reliably speed up the fan when necessary to prevent temperature rising above normal.
My latest machine, a desktop, has a high power consumption video card, with the air flow arranged originally so that the CPU fan took in the hot exhaust from the video card, leading to thermal shutdown even though the CPU cooler seems to have been operating normally.

I think you should go for new cooling fan....use a standard cooling fan with good rpm....12V fan will be enough for your processor...also try to change your heat sink with a new one....
0 Kudos