Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.
1093 Discussions

CPUID Signature Values of DisplayFamily_DisplayModel - A new Appendix is Needed in all Intel Manuals

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

Have you ever tried to find all CPUID Signature Values of DisplayFamily_DisplayModel in Intel Manuals?

It takes some time to find a table with all these codes and I'd like to make a Feature Request:

Please add a new Appendix in all Intel Manuals with CPUID Signature Values of DisplayFamily_DisplayModel. It would be nice to see codes for all Intel CPUs.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Currently that table is located in: Intel(R) 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer’s Manual Volume 3 (3A, 3B & 3C): System Programming Guide Order Number: 325384-044US August 2012 CHAPTER 35 MODEL-SPECIFIC REGISTERS (MSRS) Table 35-1. CPUID Signature Values of DisplayFamily_DisplayModel Page 1151
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

I think that there is official cpuid guide  which has such a information.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Did you look at the Page 1151 of the Intel(R) 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer’s Manual? In another Intel Manuals all these codes are spread out all over and in order to understand / find their meaning some extra time is needed.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>Did you look at the Page 1151 of the Intel(R) 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer’s Manual?>>>

Yes I understand what you mean.

0 Kudos