Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.
1093 Discussions

How to use SDE attach background process?

Xingyi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

From https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-emulator, I understand, we can start user application using SDE. But in customer's env, most of their apps are complicated, hard to start by SDE. So how can we attach background process using SDE? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AdyT_Intel

Intel SDE has an option to attach to a running process, but this  means that all the execution flow before SDE was attached to the process runs without emulation of new instructions.

To attached to a running process and get the "mix" histogram tool use:

> sde -attach-pid <pid> -mix -omix <mix-output-file-name> 

Note that SDE launch tool (i.e. the sde command line) will exit after attaching to the process. In the above example the mix output file will be written when the application terminates.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdyT_Intel

Intel SDE has an option to attach to a running process, but this  means that all the execution flow before SDE was attached to the process runs without emulation of new instructions.

Note that SDE launch tool (i.e. the sde command line) will exit after attaching to the process. In the above example the mix output file will be written when the application terminates.

0 Kudos
Xingyi_S_Intel
Employee

Ady Tal (Intel) wrote:

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your help. It works! BTW, I found another question: I cannot get total log if I didn't kill background process. But in customer's env, they may don't prefer this. So do you know how to get total log content without kill background process? Thanks again.

0 Kudos