Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

Intel 8086

shadab_khatib
Beginner
I am a student. I need to learn intel 8086 programming independently.I program it on Microsoft Assembler on windows Xp 32bit. Can anyone suggest a method to do so or a book which teaches you assembly level language for a novice?
Can anyone suggest any manual or documentation released by intel that gives me some assistance?
If anyone knows any documentations by Intel for the question above please provide a link to it.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
Hi
One of the best book for learning x86 assembly language is "Assembly Language for Intel-Based Computers" by Kip Irvine, but beware because you are forced to use author own library to call win api.
Regarding the manual there is only one manual to choose from Intel own processor guides.
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=79722&o=a&s=lr
0 Kudos
shadab_khatib
Beginner
Thanks alot for the name of the book and the manual.
The book is just wonderful for a novice programmer.
0 Kudos
shadab_khatib
Beginner
Any further posts regarding the sources to read about how to program in assembly level languages for intel processors is welcome.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
Try this one "80X86 IBM PC and Compatible Computers: Assembly Language, Design, and Interfacing Volumes I & II".
The ultimative source of information are always Intel manuals.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Do you need a Turbo Assembler v4.1 Help ( Windows hlp-format )?

Please let me know.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

A Help file for Tasm v4.1 enclosed.

0 Kudos