Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

Intel TSX applications

wang__icy
Beginner

As TSX is a related new feature, and it is widely discussed in the research area. I am quite interested if there is any existing program apply TSX already? Hope someone can share this information with me.

Thanks very much,

Best regards

Icy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roman_D_Intel
Employee

Hi Icy,

TSX support is mentioned here for SAP HANA and SAP ASE applications. Applications that use PTHREAD LIBC locking primitives automatically use TSX (enabled on various Linux distributions).

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos
James_C_Intel2
Employee

TSX is enabled in the Intel/LLVM OpenMP runtime library, so you can request the use of a speculative lock by using a "synchronization hint" when you initialize an OpenMP lock. I gave a presentation about that on the OpenMP booth at SC18 (you can download the slides or watch the video at OpenMP SC18 Booth Talks).  (If you want to look at the code, you can access the runtime library sources here ).

TSX is also supported by Threading Building Blocks (TBB) where there is a speculative spin mutex. The TBB source code is also available.

Of course, neither of those are stand-alone applications, but they make it much simpler for people to use TSX.

0 Kudos
Roman_D_Intel
Employee

speaking of libraries/runtimes supporting TSX. Java (OpenJDK/Oracle/Azul JDK), DPDK and Concurrency kit support Intel TSX as well. Some details can be found here

You might also find the link collection on this page useful: www.intel.com/software/tsx 

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos