Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.
1095 Discussions

Merging DCFG regions in SDE when using [start|stop]_ssc_mark possible?

JensDo
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to analyze MPI applications with Intel SDE and generate dynamic control-flow graph data for the compute regions only with the following command:
sde64 -disasm_att 1 -dcfg 1 -dcfg:write_bb 1 -emu_fast 1 -start_ssc_mark 111:repeat -stop_ssc_mark 222:repeat ... <few more ops> -- <app>
Without start_ssc_mark and stop_ssc_mark, I'm getting one .bb.txt and one .json file per MPI rank, but it includes undesired MPI calls, so I created a PMPI wrapper to inject __SSC_MARK before and after MPI calls to filter them.
However, now I'm getting for each region (likely related to those https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/pintool-regions.html) a separate bb.txt and json file, and hence the number of output files is 2*(#mpi_calls+1)*#ranks.

Is there a way to tell SDE to merge those somehow back into 1 file each and not dump terabytes and millions of files?

Best,

JD

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Since the issue related to Intel SDE, we are moving this query to Intel ISA Extensions forum for a faster response.

Thanks.

0 Kudos