Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
1052 Discussions

Merging DCFG regions in SDE when using [start|stop]_ssc_mark possible?

JensDo
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to analyze MPI applications with Intel SDE and generate dynamic control-flow graph data for the compute regions only with the following command:
sde64 -disasm_att 1 -dcfg 1 -dcfg:write_bb 1 -emu_fast 1 -start_ssc_mark 111:repeat -stop_ssc_mark 222:repeat ... <few more ops> -- <app>
Without start_ssc_mark and stop_ssc_mark, I'm getting one .bb.txt and one .json file per MPI rank, but it includes undesired MPI calls, so I created a PMPI wrapper to inject __SSC_MARK before and after MPI calls to filter them.
However, now I'm getting for each region (likely related to those https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/pintool-regions.html) a separate bb.txt and json file, and hence the number of output files is 2*(#mpi_calls+1)*#ranks.

Is there a way to tell SDE to merge those somehow back into 1 file each and not dump terabytes and millions of files?

Best,

JD

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Since the issue related to Intel SDE, we are moving this query to Intel ISA Extensions forum for a faster response.

Thanks.