Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.
1095 Discussions

Use SDE emulator for incorporating AES libraries in addition to intrinsics?

Michelle_Chuaprasert
Hi, I'd like to confirm that a software developer can use the SDE emulator in order to test their code using AES-NI in multiple cases (1) using compiler intrinsics for AES-NI (2) using Microsoft CNG libraries that incorporate AES-NI (3) Using Intel IPP using AES-NI (when that version of IPP is available) (4) using openSSL libraries incorporating AES-NI. Can you confirm the SDE is useful for all these cases?

Thanks!
-Michelle
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkC_Intel
Hi, I'd like to confirm that a software developer can use the SDE emulator in order to test their code using AES-NI in multiple cases (1) using compiler intrinsics for AES-NI (2) using Microsoft CNG libraries that incorporate AES-NI (3) Using Intel IPP using AES-NI (when that version of IPP is available) (4) using openSSL libraries incorporating AES-NI. Can you confirm the SDE is useful for all these cases?

Thanks!
-Michelle

Hi Michelle, If you are using Intel SDE on windows and linux you should be all set!
Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Mark

0 Kudos