Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

help with 1073741819

marco_c_
Beginner

hi, i don't know it i am posting on the correct position of forum (i'm not an expert), anyway 

i'm using a proprietary software that give me an error on an executable file, the error say this: "aborted with system error code 1073741819".

the assistance of this software say me that is a bug that comes up when i execute it on intel 4th generation processor

they say also that the  workaround is to rename the file mkl_avx2.dll to this: mkl_avx2.dll.11.0.0.1 

but for me it doesn't work, maybe because i'm using an 3th generation processor (i7 3610QM) 

So, i know that you don't know anything about this software is coded and you are not the assistance, but i think the problem is on dll and/or processor right?  

someone can explain something to me about this error? 

why they rename the file adding 11.0.0.1 ? 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You are correct that your CPU can't execute avx2 code. You will need code compiled for avx or earlier. (Ivy Bridge instructions OK). It seems you will need to rely on the software vendor's instructions; if necessary ask them more specifically with a report of exactly what errors you see and how you get them. Presumably the mystery application is intended to fall back to code suitable for Ivy Bridge when you follow their procedure.
0 Kudos
marco_c_
Beginner

Tim Prince wrote:

You are correct that your CPU can't execute avx2 code. You will need code compiled for avx or earlier. (Ivy Bridge instructions OK).
It seems you will need to rely on the software vendor's instructions; if necessary ask them more specifically with a report of exactly what errors you see and how you get them. Presumably the mystery application is intended to fall back to code suitable for Ivy Bridge when you follow their procedure.

in the directory of software there is also a mkl_avx.dll, maybe the avx2 dll is executed only with 4th gen and avx with the 3th?  

then that workaround for me is useless..

0 Kudos
marco_c_
Beginner

Tim Prince wrote:

You are correct that your CPU can't execute avx2 code. You will need code compiled for avx or earlier. (Ivy Bridge instructions OK).
It seems you will need to rely on the software vendor's instructions; if necessary ask them more specifically with a report of exactly what errors you see and how you get them. Presumably the mystery application is intended to fall back to code suitable for Ivy Bridge when you follow their procedure.

in the directory of software there is also a mkl_avx.dll, maybe the avx2 dll is executed only with 4th gen and avx with the 3th?  

then that workaround for me is useless..

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>they say also that the  workaround is to rename the file mkl_avx2.dll to this: mkl_avx2.dll.11.0.0.1 

but for me it doesn't work, maybe because i'm using an 3th generation processor (i7 3610QM) 

So, i know that you don't know anything about this software is coded and you are not the assistance, but i think the problem is on dll and/or processor right?  >>>

I do not understand how renaming the file could be helpful in your case(unsupported ISA)?

>>>in the directory of software there is also a mkl_avx.dll, maybe the avx2 dll is executed only with 4th gen and avx with the 3th?  >>>

It does make sense to me.The question is why mkl_avx.dll is not executed?You can search for loaded dlls with the Process Explorer tool and look which dll is at least loaded or mapped into your process memory space.

0 Kudos
marco_c_
Beginner

iliyapolak wrote:

>>>they say also that the  workaround is to rename the file mkl_avx2.dll to this: mkl_avx2.dll.11.0.0.1 

So, i know that you don't know anything about this software is coded and you are not the assistance, but i think the problem is on dll and/or processor right?  >>>

I do not understand how renaming the file could be helpful in your case(unsupported ISA)?

i know but is what they say to me

iliyapolak wrote:

>>>in the directory of software there is also a mkl_avx.dll, maybe the avx2 dll is executed only with 4th gen and avx with the 3th?  >>>

It does make sense to me.The question is why mkl_avx.dll is not executed?You can search for loaded dlls with the Process Explorer tool and look which dll is at least loaded or mapped into your process memory space.

i'm not practised with dll and similar anyway the error of main software is this: "The executable pre.exe aborted with system error code 1073741819."

when i launch the solution it calls pre.exe and it is executed for a short period of time.

i tried to search which dll are used by pre.exe and seems like that mkl_core.dll and mkl_sequential.dll are the only "mkl" dll used 

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>The executable pre.exe aborted with system error code 1073741819.">>>

Do you use Abaqus software?

The problem probably is related to some logic inside the exe file which query the underlying CPU.

>>>i tried to search which dll are used by pre.exe and seems like that mkl_core.dll and mkl_sequential.dll are the only "mkl" dll used >>>

Did you use Process Explorer?

0 Kudos
marco_c_
Beginner

iliyapolak wrote:

>>>The executable pre.exe aborted with system error code 1073741819.">>>

Do you use Abaqus software?

The problem probably is related to some logic inside the exe file which query the underlying CPU.

>>>i tried to search which dll are used by pre.exe and seems like that mkl_core.dll and mkl_sequential.dll are the only "mkl" dll used >>>

Did you use Process Explorer?

yes i'm speaking about Abaqus, and i used Process Explorer

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

I think that this forum cannot be helpful.Did you try to post your question on Abaqus forum?

0 Kudos
andysem
New Contributor III

Quick googling around shows that the error code might be filesystem related. There's this article:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/receiving-file-system-error-1073741819-in-vista/99cf3f3e-1e64-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

Not sure if this applies to your case though. It's best to seek help in your application vendor support (although I know this is sometimes a fruitless task).

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

It could be also Abaqus  software error.

0 Kudos