Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

AVSync ExtInfo VideoDecoder ?

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi,

I'm trying to use the AVSync class to create an application that uses a special MPEG2TSSplitter (which can decode extra data PIDs). I pass my subclass in the ExtInfo.m_pSplitter to the AVSync Init call. So far so good.

Now unfortunately it looks like I can't have the CodecPipeline class help me with the decoder selection, since it requires a first frame (which I have, but can't pass to the AVSync::Init call, so instead it uses it's own uninitialized local version).

So, I'm thinking that I can create the Decoder on the outside of AVSync::Init, and pass it down in ExtInfo.m_pVideoDecoder, but alas - AVSync::Init never checks for a passed in version of this field. Is that an oversight, or intended?

Does that mean, I should avoid AVSync altogether and work with a complete replacement of all that nice code?

Regards,
Tilman .
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Tilman,

what version of IPP do you use? The media sample slightle changes from version to version, so it is important to specify with what version you work

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

but anyway, decoder might be initialized by two different ways:

1. with initial frame

2. without initial frame but with additioanlinfo from splitter

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Vladimir,

I'm using w_ipp-sample-media_p_5.1.0.007 with ippi 5.1

Do I understand the "additional info" method correctly: I avoid CodecPipeline::SelectDecoder or AVSync::Init altogether and basically create a decoder from scratch myself passing all the necessary info down?

Regards,
Tilman.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

UMC VideoDecoder Init method takes VideoDecoderParams class, which can contain first frame (where decoder will find necessary stream information). If this is NULL, decoder will look to VideoStreamInfo structure which comes from splitter GetInfo() method.

BTW, you might be interested to try the latest version of IPP, 5.2 beta. The media sample was improved in this version.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos