Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

After exactly 6 frames captured from a video file VideoRender::LockInputBuffer() always returns UMC::UMC_ERR_TIMEOUT?

9ine
Beginner

Following simple_player example I connected video file with null renderer.
That is the frame capture loop. After exactly 6 frames extracted VideoRender::LockInputBuffer() always return time out. What is wrong?

do {
//! lock buffer
do {
sts = pVideoRender->LockInputBuffer(&out);
} while (sts == UMC::UMC_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_BUFFER || sts == UMC::UMC_ERR_TIMEOUT);

//! capture frame
do {
if (4 >= in.GetDataSize() || sts == UMC::UMC_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_DATA) {
while ((sts = pSplitter->GetNextData(&in, videoTrack)) == UMC::UMC_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_DATA)vm_time_sleep(5);
}
out.SetTime(in.GetTime());
out.SetFrameType(in.GetFrameType());
sts = pVideoDecoder->GetFrame(&in, &out);
} while (sts == UMC::UMC_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_DATA || sts == UMC::UMC_ERR_SYNC);

//! save frame
if (sts == UMC::UMC_OK) {
//....
}

//! unlock buffer
sts = pVideoRender->UnLockInputBuffer(&out);
} while (quit == FALSE);

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hello 9ine,

What codec type do you test? could yousend me thevideo file and your system info, like the cpu, RAM etc.
In general, the UMC_ERR_TIMEOUT indicated that no enough data space or no enough time for processdata.there isdefault wait syn time in LockInputBuffer operation: 320msecumcRes = m_hFreeBufSema.Wait(MAX_FRAME_BUFFERS * 40); in the sample, could it the cause?

Kind Regards,
Ying
0 Kudos
9ine
Beginner

I'm not sure the problem is with video file. I used the same select functions codec_pipeline.cpp to create components.
simple_player processes that file without problems, though I never stepped thruframe grabbing thread inthe code in debug mode.
The reson of delay is exactly that 320msec wait function.
The code I used results in the same 6 frames capture fromallvideofiles I tested.

0 Kudos
9ine
Beginner
You can see from the code that render is not used. I presume that is the reason of the error.
I used that code after unlock but it never returned from GetRenderFrame() loop????

Ipp64f time = -1;
// never returns from while loop
while (UMC::UMC_ERR_TIMEOUT == pVideoRender->GetRenderFrame(&time))
vm_time_sleep(5);
sts = pVideoRender->RenderFrame();

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

What is the size of the output buffer? You maybe can check one sample here:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-with-intel-ipp-unified-media-classes-sample/

For H.264 decoder sample code, it does not use the render, and the output data is set as the following?

if (status == UMC::UMC_OK){

cYUVData += (frameSize);
DataOut.SetBufferPointer(frameSize);
frameNumber++;

}

thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
9ine
Beginner
Hello

I'm using sample_player and pdf documentation as examples.
I never found external buffer usage in decoding samples. I do not provide it, shoule I?

After Iremoved UMC::FLAG_VREN_REORDER everything worked.

I need generic alg to grab a frame as in sample_player. Is there in documentation such an example?

Thanks
0 Kudos