Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

AlphaComp with external gray-scale image

Petric__Sinisa
Beginner

I'm converting my project that used old IPL to IPP. IPL had a possibility to perform blending using external gray-scale image as alpha channel (patchMask):

iplAlphaComposite(patchImage, srcImage, srcImage, IPL_COMPOSITE_PLUS, patchMask, 0, 0, false, false);

This function is useful for image editing (clone brush), as gray-scale patchMask image contains brush tip.

It is very simple to change brush tip and perform the same operation with different brush tip.

In IPP, AlphaComp function accepts only images with alpha channels. Any workaround to blend two images using external gray-scale image?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi, 

I attached the legacy IPL to IPP sample code,  which shows how to covert the AlphaComposite function to IPP. 

Thanks,
Chao

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi, 

I attached the legacy IPL to IPP sample code,  which shows how to covert the AlphaComposite function to IPP. 

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Petric__Sinisa
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for a code. This will do the job.

0 Kudos
BMart1
New Contributor II

How can I compile iplalpha.c?  Where's own.h?

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

This is a part of legacy IPP sample code. You can download old IPP 6.0 samples, to get the full code. They are very old, and not part of the current product now.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos