Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Books on Intel IPP

Anonymous38
Beginner
Hi all,
I am quite new to Intel IPP.
I have some questions regarding the books on IPP. As far as I know, there are two books available on IPP(apart from the manual that is available on the website.)
1. Intel Integrated Performance Primitives : How to optimize softwre Applications isng Intel IPP
2. Optimizing Applications for Multicore Processors Using Intel IPP

Do these books give any information about how the IPP functions are implemented?
For example if I were to use an FIR filtering function in IPP, would I know if it is doing time domain or frequency filtering?

Also if I were to write my own signal processing functions in assembly on the Intel platform would these books help?

Thanks
Sharwari

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

Both are IPP books. The first one was published in 2004, the 2nd one was 2nd edition of IPP book , was published last year. It added new chapters for exampleThreading, Multi-core and data compression domain.

The IPP book focuses more on the IPP usages in each of domain, while Intel IPP manuals cover for all IPP function naming, defintion and descriptions. So both may help you understand Intel IPP functions usages, but not much coverage for writing fucntions in assembly.

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
Ying

0 Kudos