Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Jpeg decompression

jggirish
Beginner

hi I am new here

i am using intel ipp 5.3(new to this also)

i want to decompress jpeg images and play back in MFC vc++.

previously i am using cx image libraries,now i am using ipp

can u please tel me the proper apis and procedure

im reading docs also ,m not getting

if possible provide some sample code.

some samples ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecscodecjpeg i have downloaded from site which are giving linking errors

thank u

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

Did you notice image-codecs folder in IPP sample package? Please take a look on JPEGView sample which actually is MFC application which use IPP JPEG codec.

By the way, did you follow instructions in sample's readme.htm trying to build it? All IPP samples were tested before release, so link issues are not expected.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
jggirish
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for reply.

i got running of .exe file of JPEGView sample.

but iam not able to run as aproject.only .exe i can run

also how to integrate all these sourse files with my application.when i add all src files it is showing errors like "unknown end of file found".my compressed JPEG image is in buffer and i want decompressed data into another buffer so that i will display on dilog box.

thanks again.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

The JPEG codec sources are depend on precomp.h/cpp files (to support headers precompilation). If you do not use precompilation you may just add empty files with such name into your project, that should be enough.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
jggirish
Beginner

Hi vladimir

Thank u, i am able to buildthe jpegview project.

In the output i amsimply able to find thesize change only(i.e 1,1/2,1/4,1/8 etc).

If i want theory abt the project(s) i.e. what that project is exactly doing and the theory behind that, where i have to search, any docs available.

For me the decompressed data should cme in the buffer(array) so that i will display on the mfc dilog box using CPaintDC api's.I am not able to find out where i have to give the input buffer and where i will get output buffer.

. . . Girish

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

IPP JPEGView sample is MFC application, so you should be able to find how to use MFC and IPP JPEG codec, please take a look on JPEGView source code for details.

Basically, you may find it useful to see jpeg.cpp and JPEGViewView.cpp files.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos