Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

C# Wrapper for Image Processing Primitives is missing some functions

drew_robsongmail_com
The C# Wrapper for Image Processing Primitives is missing some functions, for exampleippiAbsDiff_8u_C1R.
I tried to add a method signature for this method by editing the following file:
IPP\\\\6.1.5.054\\\\ia32\\\\Samples\\\\en_US\\\\ipp-samples-language\\\\ipp-samples\\\\language-interface\\\\csharp\\\\interface\\\\src\\\\ippi.cs
I recompiled the wrapper assemblies, added them to my C# project, and tried to callippiAbsDiff_8u_C1R, but I received an error stating that a suitable entry point could not be found for this method.
Why are the AbsDiff methods missing from the C# ippi wrapper? What do I have to do so that I can callippiAbsDiff_8u_C1R?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VipinKumar_E_Intel

There is also a whitepaper published on how to call IPP and MKL from C# environment, which may be useful to you.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-math-kernel-library-and-intel-integrated-performance-primitives-in-the-microsoft-net-framework/

--Vipin

0 Kudos
drew_robsongmail_com
Hi Vipin,
I read that whitepaper before I posted but it was not helpful. It states the following:
The Intel IPP software additionally to the libraries provides special wrapper classes for the functions of several Intel IPP domains: signal and image processing, color conversion, cryptography, string processing, data compression, jpeg coding and math and vector math. The wrappers allow Intel IPP users to call Intel IPP functions in C# applications.
This leads me to believe the wrappers should cover every image processing method, but the ippiAbsDiff methods are clearly missing. I believe this is an accidental omission on Intel's part and I think that Intel should add these missing methods to bring the wrapper in line with what is claimed in the whitepaper and elsewhere in the IPP documentation.
In the meantime, that whitepaper does not describe how to add missing signatures to the wrapper. I tried to add theippiAbsDiff_8u_C1R method to the wrapper but I either guessed the method signature wrong or ippiAbsDiff is in fact also missing from the native DLL (can you check this?).
Thanks,
Drew
0 Kudos
matthieu_darbois
New Contributor III
Hi,
ippiAbsDiff is not in ippi-6.1.dll. Instead it is located in ippcv-6.1.dll. That's why you can't find the entry point.
Regards,
Matthieu
0 Kudos