Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

C# in IPP 9? Need 64bit C# ipp

Greg_J_
Beginner

I am looking for an IPP version that has a C# layer and examples for 64 bit Windows OS (7pro)... IPP 7 had a C# interface but not 64bit, IPP 9 seems to not have a C# interface, am I wrong?. I could not find a way to buy a license for an earlier version (8?) that supports 64bit with C# interface.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Greg,

It is right.  The new release does provide C# wrapper for the IPP functions.  I sent you an URL for the old C# example code.  With some minor modification with these code, it can work with the new release as well:  the library name need to be changed to the new release, and you may only need to take out functions used in your applications.

I would suggest you to start with new version of IPP, as performance improvement and bug fixed are include in the new release.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Notocord_S_
Beginner

Hi,
Could you provide more information about the wrapper in version 9 of IPP? Specifically:
1. I'd like to see specifications of the wrapper, are they available?
2. Is it planned to support the wrapper in the future?
3. Is the C# wrapper available in initial release or was it added in one of the updates? Unhopefully, I didn't found nothing about managed interface in IPP v9 release notes.
Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Notocord_S_
Beginner

Chao Y (Intel) wrote:

It is right.  The new release does provide C# wrapper for the IPP functions.  

Or is it mistype, and IPP 9.0 does not provide C# wrapper? 

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Notocord, 

Thanks for catching this.  yes.  It is NOT included in the release release. Here is the sample in the IPP 7.1.  It is located at:  \sources\language-interface\application\csharp
Some code need to modified to use with the new release.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Rodney_T_
Beginner

It would be absolutely amazing if the IPP group could reproduce the wrapper files for version 9.0 (obviously a script was used originally to convert from the header files to the .cs files).

There has been SIGNIFICANT interface change since IPP 7.0. I'm currently updating to version 9.0 from 6.1 and it is incredibly painful to go through all of our used functions, find those that are deprecated, look for matching new functions, update the C# wrappers etc.

At least if the wrappers were updated by Intel I could easily see the red squiggles in Visual Studio telling me that the interface is no longer available, and have Intellisense suggest what I may be able to use instead!

0 Kudos