Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

C# ttippi.exe example - completely gray output

msjuniorc
Beginner

Good afternnoon all,

I was successful in downloading IPP v. 6 and to get the C# examples compiled and running both with the supplied build batch files and by importing the appropriate files in VS 2008. Hence no complaints anf an ... almost happy customer. :-)

My issues arise when I try to handle large (> 1024x768) images. For some reason the output jpeg is always gray.

In attempting to isolate the problem I have saved the bitmap obtained from the jpeg import. The bitmap looks fine and therefore the issue must reside in the "saving" part. More specifically in either the buffer or the encoder. THe buffer is created dynamically and looks fine sizewise. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

msjuniorc

PS attached is an example of image that doesn't work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Albert_Stepanov
New Contributor I
Hi msjuniorc,
Great thanks for your information about this issue. It's really our issue in the unsafe codes interconnected with GC when it performs a collection in order to free some memory. And some pins of pointers were fixed to the previous locations of the objects. This issue will revised in next release of sample. As a workaround you can use the attached corrected file encoder.cs
Thank you again.
Regards,
Albert
PS: your thread "C# SaveJPEG example" is the same

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Albert_Stepanov
New Contributor I
Hi msjuniorc,
Great thanks for your information about this issue. It's really our issue in the unsafe codes interconnected with GC when it performs a collection in order to free some memory. And some pins of pointers were fixed to the previous locations of the objects. This issue will revised in next release of sample. As a workaround you can use the attached corrected file encoder.cs
Thank you again.
Regards,
Albert
PS: your thread "C# SaveJPEG example" is the same

0 Kudos
Albert_Stepanov
New Contributor I
Attachment

0 Kudos
msjuniorc
Beginner

Thank you!

Will let you know shortly the results.

msjuniorc.

0 Kudos
msjuniorc
Beginner

Albert,

thank you again, it all works like a charm.

msjuniorc

0 Kudos