Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Can IPP do 3D Median filter to a volume data?

Hai
Beginner

I know in IPP,  FilterMedian can apply 2D median filter to an (2D) image. But is there any function can implement 3D median filter to a volume dataset?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner

As far as I know we don't support 3d filters to date.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...But is there any function can implement 3D median filter to a volume dataset?.. I remember there are a couple of Intel examples with sources which do some processing on 3D data sets with SSEx instruction sets.
0 Kudos
Hai
Beginner

Do you remember where can I find it? Or just name of the example?

Thanks

Sergey Kostrov wrote:

>>...But is there any function can implement 3D median filter to a volume dataset?..

I remember there are a couple of Intel examples with sources which do some processing on 3D data sets with SSEx instruction sets.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>Do you remember where can I find it? Or just name of the example? I remember the following key words: - 3D - Convolve - Transform I think if you find an example which demonstrates Convolve for a Volume ( that is in 3D ) it could be used as a starting point for your poject. Please keep us informed on the progress of your search on Intel web-site (!).
0 Kudos
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner

I've searched the Intel website and have found nothing on this topic Sergey. Please be direct with the customer and state the links directly.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>>>I remember the following key words: >>>> >>>>- 3D >>>>- Convolve >>>>- Transform >>>>... >> >>...Please be direct with the customer and state the links directly... It was three or four years ago and if these Intel links are deleted what else could I do?
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

We don't support 3D median filter in the past and there are no such plan rithg now. the issue has been escalated to the IPP Release Board for the future considaration. 

0 Kudos
Hai
Beginner

3D Median filter is a truly powerful function for noise removal for volume data set. If Intel can support that, it should be strong plus.

Gennady Fedorov (Intel) wrote:

We don't support 3D median filter in the past and there are no such plan rithg now. the issue has been escalated to the IPP Release Board for the future considaration. 

0 Kudos