Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Can not build ipp-samples.7.1.1.013

hande_b_
Beginner

Hi everyone, i try to build code samples 7.1.1.013 from the guide

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/building-intel-ipp-71-samples#comment-1751314

I tried with lots of commands even example commands but it says invalid configuration everytime . What is the problem?

0 Kudos
37 Replies
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you try one of the command provided as examples at the end of article:

perl build.pl --cmake=audio-video-codecs,ia32,vc2010,s,st,release
    perl build.pl --cmake=uic,intel64,make,s,mt,debug --build
   perl build.pl --cmake=uic,intel64,make,d,mt,debug --build --clean

What's happening then?

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
hande_b_
Beginner

Yes it says

ERROR: invalid configuration

0 Kudos
hande_b_
Beginner

I downloaded activePerl 5.16.3 and i run the command from windows powershell 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
... - Make sure all environment variables are set by running the ippvars or compilervars script. ... Did you do that step?
0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

It can be the issue with directory name. The script doesn't work if some of sample directory/subdirectory names contain a space. Could you check this?

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
hande_b_
Beginner

@Sergey Khlystov 

I checked nothing has changed

@Sergey Kostrov

Can you explain what you mean with " all environment variables are set by running the ippvars or compilervars script"

0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

For regular samples (excluding uic/picnic) no other, than IPPROOT, environment variables required. If the script doesn't find proper IPP configuration, the diagnostic message is defferent, i.e.
        Intel(R) IPP was not found (required)!

Yes, I see the problem under Windows Powershell. While we're investigating this, please use Windows "cmd" window for samples build.

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Found workaround :). The commands like:

perl build.pl "--cmake=uic,intel64,vc2010,s,mt,debug" "--build"

(i.e. with double quotes) work in powershell. Looks, like powershell parses the command line before Perl.

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
hande_b_
Beginner

I have a new problem :)

Now says Intel IPP was not found <required>!

I added IPPROOT = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1.083\ipp" to system variables , log off - log in , run command again it didn't fixed :) Is there anyting else that ı have to add to system variables or anywhere else?

0 Kudos
hande_b_
Beginner

The shell script ippvarsem64t.sh in the tools/env directory sets your lib, include, and path environment variables for Intel® IPP. 

I can not find "ippvarsem64t.sh" such a file

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Can you explain what you mean with " all environment variables are set by running the ippvars or >>compilervars script"... This is the statement from the Guide you've mentioned in the 1st post and take a look at it again.
0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

hande b. wrote:

I added IPPROOT = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1.083\ipp" to system variables

Please use directory name without double quotes

set  IPPROOT = C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1.083\ipp

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
hande_b_
Beginner

It supposed that when setting up intel primitives the environmental variables setted automatically.

@Sergey Khlystov you misuderstood me i used quotes for emphasize the IPPROOT value :) I setted it from advanced system settings not from console .

0 Kudos
hande_b_
Beginner

I found ippvars_ia32.bat file for setting variables and run it, but console is opened and closed immediately

0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

The command files like ippvars_ia32.bat are to be submitted from open command line window. They update the environment of current cmd session. Look at my log:

C:\Users\skhlysto>dir "%IPPROOT%"
Volume in drive C is OSDisk
Volume Serial Number is 243E-FF80

Directory of C:\Users\skhlysto

File Not Found

C:\Users\skhlysto>"c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\ipp\bin\ippvars.bat" ia32

C:\Users\skhlysto>dir "%IPPROOT%"
Volume in drive C is OSDisk
Volume Serial Number is 243E-FF80

Directory of c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\ipp

07/11/2013 15:06 <DIR> .
07/11/2013 15:06 <DIR> ..
07/11/2013 15:07 <DIR> bin
07/11/2013 15:06 <DIR> demo
07/11/2013 15:06 <DIR> include
07/11/2013 15:06 <DIR> interfaces
07/11/2013 15:06 <DIR> lib
07/11/2013 15:06 <DIR> tools
0 File(s) 0 bytes
8 Dir(s) 21,207,990,272 bytes free

C:\Users\skhlysto>

After that "perl build.pl" should work. Just change the location of ipp\bin\ippvars.bat to yours. All of this is described in IPP docs.

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
hande_b_
Beginner

Hi , the problem is not fixed still .

I run ippvars.bat ia32 from ipp/bin directory, 

compilervars.bat ia32 from Composer XE\bin

compilervars.bat ia32 from Composer XE 2013 SP1.083\bin

İ am inserting screenshots

0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am on vacation, thus there will be no expedite answers. Did you do "dir %IPPROOT%"? What is it showing? The rules of searching for IPP in the script are simple. It looks for ipp.h (or, ippcore.h I don't remember) in %IPPROOT%\include and it looks for library ippcorel,lib in %IPPROOT%\lib\ia32. It can be seen from Cmake script FindIPP. I have no working sandox and cannot verify .I asked out other guys to help.

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
Anton_S_Intel
Employee

Hello, 

• I've just tried to setup IPPROOT environment variable via compilervars.cmd and it works. 
  • Also I have tried the same compiler environment shell-script with PowerShell andit doesn't work, %IPPROOT% variable is empty

You have attached only the logs of environment setup. What about build error in examples? Can you also attach log? 

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Hande,

Which sample do you like to run or what command you'd like to run to build the sample?  I recalled there are many build issues in the forum.  So i had attached two built MSVC2010 project in

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/339934

You can see the mscv 2010 solution under __cmake\audio-video-codecs.ia32.vc2010.s.st.

Best Regards,

Ying

0 Kudos
Thongchai_K_
Beginner

I am trying to build speech-codecs on OS X. My goal is to include G.729 codec in pjsip to use in my iPhone app. It looks like the path is wrong and I don't know how to set it. I search through many docs and still no clue.

http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/Intel_IPP_Codecs#MacOSXInstructions << can't find readme.htm so I'm stuck
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-ipp-71-samples-build/ << no information, one of intel guy's comment links to this forum, and still no information here.

Help please. This is the error.

Hlung-Oozou:builder thongchai$ perl build.pl --cmake=speech-codecs,ia32,xcode,s,mt,debug --build
CMake Error: The source directory "/Users/thongchai/Documents/Projects/Fingi/Fingi iOS resources/sip/ipp-samples.7.1.1.013/__cmake/speech-codecs.ia32.xcode.s.mt/resources/sip/ipp-samples.7.1.1.013/sources/speech-codecs" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
Not searching for unused variables given on the command line.
Unknown argument iOS
Unknown argument resources/sip/ipp-samples.7.1.1.013/builder/../__cmake/speech-codecs.ia32.xcode.s.mt
Usage: cmake --build <dir> [options] [-- [native-options]]
Options:
<dir> = Project binary directory to be built.
--target <tgt> = Build <tgt> instead of default targets.
--config <cfg> = For multi-configuration tools, choose <cfg>.
--clean-first = Build target 'clean' first, then build.
(To clean only, use --target 'clean'.)
--use-stderr = Don't merge stdout/stderr.
-- = Pass remaining options to the native tool.

[ speech-codecs.ia32.xcode.s.mt.debug State: FAIL ]

0 Kudos