Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Choosing the COI (Channel Of Interest)

hadipardis
Beginner

Hi,

How can I select the COI? For example, I have a 3 channel image and I want to calculate the mean of only the second channel using ippiMean_8u_C1R. Could you please help me? Thanks

Regards,

Hadi

0 Kudos
5 Replies
hadipardis
Beginner
One wayis copying the COI into a new array and then processing this new channel. But is there any faster way?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Other way, according to IPP manual, might be use of ippiMean_8u_C3CR function with specifying channel of interest (see coi parameter description).

Vladimir

0 Kudos
hadipardis
Beginner
Thanks, But I am looking for a general way. Your solution is not valid for many functions like ippiHistogramEven function. Now, what do you suggest me?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Processing of channel of interest requires special branch in code, it is the reason why we have dedicated functions to work with COI (they have specificator CnC in the name).

In general, it was created not for all IPP functions.

You may consider splitting multi-channel image into separate planes and do processing for each channel independently.

You also can submit feature request for functions you think are important for your application on Intel Premier Support, this will be considered at the next IPP verion planning stage. Please specify in your request what exactly you want to implement with IPP, so we may analyse and probably suggest you other solution.

Vladimir

0 Kudos
hadipardis
Beginner

Ok, I do so. In the meantime do you have a quick solution for me. Suppose that I want to create a new image plane by ippimalloc and copy the R channel of another image to it. I want to do it as fast as possible. Thanks

0 Kudos