Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

Color Convert from BGR to YCbCr error in Win7 system using ipp 7.0

viviansuda
Beginner
I have a problem in Windows 7 when I want to save a jpeg use ipp_7.0.5.233.

The same code works well in windows xp.

The problem occurs in color convert from BGR to YCbCr.

When the program runs to ippiBGRToYCbCr_JPEG_8u_C3P3R(pSrc8u,srcStep,pDst8u,dstStep,roi) the error occurs.

Error message is as follows:
OMP:Warning #2:Cannot open message catalog "c:/program files/****/2052/libiomp5ui.dll":
OMP:System error #2: cannot find the files.
OMP:Info #3: Default messages will be used.
OMP:Error #134: Cannot set thread affinity mask.
OMP:System error #87: parameters error.

Please help me out. Thank you all.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
levicki
Valued Contributor I
Problem is most likely related to your system locale settings on your Windows 7 installation. As far as I know, Intel compiler and its runtime components do not have localized resources for Chinese (LCID 2052). You can try changing locale to English to see if that solves your problem, or you may keep your settings but copy folder 1033 to 2052 to cheat the compiler to think it has the localization.
0 Kudos
viviansuda
Beginner
I don't have libiomp5ui.dll but libiomp5md.dll.What's the difference of this two libraries?
If I just change 1033 to 2052, maybe I can see the error message but the error still exists?
Thank you for you reply.
0 Kudos
viviansuda
Beginner
Quoting Igor Levicki
Problem is most likely related to your system locale settings on your Windows 7 installation. As far as I know, Intel compiler and its runtime components do not have localized resources for Chinese (LCID 2052). You can try changing locale to English to see if that solves your problem, or you may keep your settings but copy folder 1033 to 2052 to cheat the compiler to think it has the localization.

Hello, Levicki.

I have tried the two solutions you provided, but the same problem still occurs.
Finially I ghost the system and reinstall the windows 7 system, the problem hasn't happened again.
I don't know if there's any program conficts with the IPP. I will have more tries.
0 Kudos
Thomas_Jensen1
Beginner
I know for a fact that non-English Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 still has a bug where the global LCID is always English, even if it is initially set to your actual language, in Control Panel, Language and Region, Format.
Just by switching to another language, Apply, then back to your actual language, Apply, then the global LCID is reset from the bad English setting to the proper setting.
However, I don't know if this is related to your problem here.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
As I said, problem is related to regional settings.

OpenMP DLL is looking for its UI language resources file named libiomp5ui.dll in a subfolder 2052. Subfolder 2052 does not exist because there is no Chinese localisation -- there is only subfolder 1033 (English US LCID) and the resource file libiomp5ui.dll is in there.
0 Kudos
viviansuda
Beginner
After one year I encounted the same problem again with the same computer. Instead of Win 7, I am using win vista this time. The error is almost the same: When the program runs to ippiBGRToYCbCr_JPEG_8u_C3P3R(pSrc8u,srcStep,pDst8u,dstStep,roi) the error occured and my program crashed. Error message is as follows: OMP:Warning #2:Cannot open message catalog "c:/program files/****/2052/libiomp5ui.dll": OMP:System error #2: cannot find the files. OMP:Error #134: Cannot set thread affinity mask. OMP:System error #87: parameters error. OMP:Error #134: Cannot set thread affinity mask. OMP:System error #87: parameters error. OMP:Info #3: Default messages will be used. OMP:Error #134: Cannot set thread affinity mask. OMP:System error #87: parameters error. I have tried to set the environment variable KMP_WARNINGS to 0. The warning OMP:Warning #2:Cannot open message catalog "c:/program files/****/2052/libiomp5ui.dll": has gone. But the error still occurs. Can you tell me what the error info #3,#87,#134 means? How can I avoid the error? Or you can just returned an error instead of this error window. Do you have a debug tool to help me trace the bug?
0 Kudos
viviansuda
Beginner
Any suggestions here?
0 Kudos