Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Compile JpegView Demo Using VS 2005

pingdrop
Beginner

Im looking to be able to compile the JpegView demo in Visual Studio 2005. I have seen when executing the batch that comes with the demo that it is using visual studio compiler but want to be able to use the VS IDE while editing and testing changes to the code.

Are there any documents online that explain this or any documents in the demo files that could be referenced?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pingdrop
Beginner
Quoting - pingdrop

Im looking to be able to compile the JpegView demo in Visual Studio 2005. I have seen when executing the batch that comes with the demo that it is using visual studio compiler but want to be able to use the VS IDE while editing and testing changes to the code.

Are there any documents online that explain this or any documents in the demo files that could be referenced?

Thanks,

I looked into that article and it covers a lot of what I have already been doing. At this point I would be happy to just compile the Jpeg decompression files into a .dll but as long as the code wont compile I can't do that either.

I have looked though the bats and the make file before. I have included all the files that are referenced and I have made sure that all the Preprocessor Definitions Macros have been added. When I compile I get errors saying:

Error 11 error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned int)" (??_U@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(new2.obj) nafxcw.lib

The headers explicitly define C style external names, C style mangling, and without that I cant access this code from C#.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
pingdrop
Beginner

This morning I started over by opening an empty project.

Copied files from:
ipp-samplesimage-codecsjpegviewjpeg
To project directory and added them to the project

Copied:
precomp.cpp
precomp.h
to:
ipp-samplesimage-codecsjpegviewsrc
and added them to the project

Recived error:
Error 2 fatal error C1189: #error : Building MFC application with /MD (CRT dll version) requires MFC shared dll version. Please #define _AFXDLL or do not use /MD c:program filesmicrosoft visual studio 8vcatlmfcincludeafx.h 24
Changed C/C++> Code Generation> Runtime Library to Multi-Threaded Debug /MTd from Multi-Threaded Debug DLL /MDd

Now I get Errors like:
Error 9 error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)" (??2@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(new.obj) nafxcwd.lib
Error 14 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ippFree@4 jpegenc.obj
Error 24 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippMalloc@4 referenced in function "public: enum _JPEG_ERROR __thiscall CBitStreamInput::Init(int)" (?Init@CBitStreamInput@@QAE?AW4_JPEG_ERROR@@H@Z) bitstreamin.obj

I looked though the Make file and the Bat32 file for information on whether or not it includes the MFC and found a precompile directive for _AFXDLL
Changing the runtime back to multi-thread debug and adding the directives to C/C++> Preprocessor> Preprocessor Definitions

Now Im getting error C1189 again.
Any advice?

0 Kudos
pingdrop
Beginner

I was able to resolve the problem by explicitly stating the lib folder in the project and adding spesific lib files from the folder. The files in needed to include were

ippcc.lib
ippcore.lib
ippi.lib
ippj.lib
ipps.lib

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Great, please let us know how it (IPP JPEG sample) work for you.
Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos