Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Converting BYTE buffers to unsigned short

aphesa
Beginner
Hi all,

a very typical application when reading image data from a harware interface is to convert the raw byte buffer into an array of unsigned short representing an image (i.e. address scaling).

What is the IPP function to do this? I have seen copying, bit downscaling, moving but not such an address scaling.

The function usually looks like
for (unsigned long index=0; index ushort_buf=(unsigned short)byte_buf;

Thank you.

Arnaud.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi Arnaud,

I think you are looking for ippiConvert_8u16s function's family (we have variants for single channel or gray images, three channels and four channels images).

What kind of application do you develop? Is it something to do with raw video data from camera? What other functionality you is interested in for that application?

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
aphesa
Beginner
Hi Vladimir,

yes, it seems to be the one, thank you.

I'm working on high speed data acquisition for production testing purposes. I will probably also need some FFT, statistical function, least square linear regression and box filters.

Best regards,
Arnaud.
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

>I will probably also need some FFT, statistical function, least square linear regression and box filters.

You may some the optimized functions in image and single processing domain.

Thanks,
Chao
0 Kudos