Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6712 Discussions

Does ipp evaluation include blowfish algorithms,etc?

xwl
Beginner
i did a grep in "include" directory, but find no matches for "blowfish", "BF", etc.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Please note that IPP Cryptography is separate package due to clear reasons.

Pay attention to ippcpman.pdf, where at Chapter 2 Symmetric Cryptography Primitive Functions you may find:

In the context of secure data communication, symmetric cryptography primitive functions protect messages transferred over open communication media by offering adequate security strength to meet application security requirement, as well as algorithmic efficiency to enable secure communication in real time.

Intel

Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP) for cryptography offer operations using the following symmetric cryptography algorithms:

DES, Triple DES (TDES) [

FIPS PUB 46-3], Rijndael [AES], Twofish [TF], Blowfish [BF] and RC5* [RC5] block ciphers

ARCFour stream cipher, described, for example, in [
AC] and producing the same encryption/decryption as the RC4* proprietary cipher of RSA Security Inc.

Symmetric cryptography primitive functions implemented in Intel IPP are accordingly divided into the following groups: DES/TDES Functions, Rijndael Functions, Blowfish Functions, Twofish Functions, RC5* Functions, and ARCFour Functions.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
xwl
Beginner
Thanks for your reply.

I have already requested Cryptography following the instructions in recent days, but did not get response yet. IMHO, the process is rather inefficient...
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

We are sorry for that and appreciate your patience.

I'll check the status with the appropriate owner, please stay tuned.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
xwl
Beginner
I just got responses by the time of my last reply. I'm ready to install it.

Thanks again!
0 Kudos