Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

Error at loading of ippSP library No DLLs were found in the Waterfall procedure

thorsan
Beginner
Hi

I have built a dll (mex file in Matlab) and used dynamic linking. This DLL is disributed together with the ipps* DLL ipp, ippcore6-0.dll and libiomp5md.dll. The dependcy walker reports no errors, so all dlls are in place. But when I call the DLL I get the message:

Error at loading of ippSP library
No DLLs were found in the Waterfall procedure

What is wrong? Do I need to register the DLL's?

Thanks,
Thor Andreas
0 Kudos
3 Replies
elhefe38
Beginner
Hello

Quoting - thorsan
I have built a dll (mex file in Matlab) and used dynamic linking. This DLL is disributed together with the ipps* DLL ipp, ippcore6-0.dll and libiomp5md.dll. The dependcy walker reports no errors, so all dlls are in place. But when I call the DLL I get the message:

According to this document, it means you miss the processor specific dlls in the path... Did you copy all the dlls installed by IPP (also the one in the bin directory that correpond to your CPU) ?

Regards
0 Kudos
thorsan
Beginner
Quoting - elhefe38
Hello

Quoting - thorsan

According to this document, it means you miss the processor specific dlls in the path... Did you copy all the dlls installed by IPP (also the one in the bin directory that correpond to your CPU) ?

Regards

I tried adding ALL ipp dll's to the same folder as my dll, but I still get the same error. Do I have to register the DLL's using regserv32 or something?

But if I add the path very my DLL is located to the PATH environment variable, it works. Why this difference? How can I make it work without adding the path to PATH?

When I build my DLL i link only with ippcore.lib and ipps.lib.

Thanks,
Thor Andreas
0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Quoting - thorsan

I tried adding ALL ipp dll's to the same folder as my dll, but I still get the same error. Do I have to register the DLL's using regserv32 or something?

But if I add the path very my DLL is located to the PATH environment variable, it works. Why this difference? How can I make it work without adding the path to PATH?

When I build my DLL i link only with ippcore.lib and ipps.lib.

Thanks,
Thor Andreas

You might want to try statically linking with IPP:

ippsemerged,lib
ippsmerged_t.lib
ippcore_t.lib
libiomp5md.lib

Then you will only need to distribute the libiomp5md.dll with your DLL.

Peter
0 Kudos