Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Error using umc_h264_dec_con on an h264 mov

r_georgiev
Beginner
I tried using the umc_h264_dec_con sample to decode a h264 Main profile encoded video in a QuickTime mov file.
I stepped into the code and with the first frame theapp exits with UMC_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_DATA in TaskSupplier::RunDecoding in the context of H264VideoDecoder::ParseFrame.
On the other hand a sample raw h264stream clip from FVDO parsed fine.
Is there something wrong in thedata format passed in or is this behavior by default?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Don't have the precise answer for your question, but perhaps this thread is related?

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=57255
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

mov file is not a raw videodata. Didyou use a splitter get the encoded H.264 video?

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
r_georgiev
Beginner
Hi Chao,

Is there a code sample I can use to implement the splitter - is h264_spl a good starting point?
Where do I go from there?

TIA
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel
HI TIA,

unfortunately no MOV splitterisprovided in UMC sample now. only MPEG TS, MP4, AVI splitters are included.

Thanks,
Chao
0 Kudos
r_georgiev
Beginner
Thanks,

OK. if I would try to play h.264 video in a mp4 container, do I implement the splitter or it should play fine?
I did try it and it worked.
Is it possible to write a mov splitter using the link recommended in the previous post?

R.Georg
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

Simpleplayer can support mp4 splitter, so it can play fine. The link mentioned previously discussed another similar problem with MPEG4 decoding, not implementation of mov splitter.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos