Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

FIPs Compliance

Srinidhi_V_
Beginner

Hello -

Has anyone worked on getting FIPs compliance with a version of IPP other than 5.0?  I know 5.0 was tested for FIPs compliance, but does anyone know a way to get later versions (specifically v7.0) approved?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>Has anyone worked on getting FIPs compliance with a version of IPP other than 5.0? I know 5.0 was tested for FIPs >>compliance, but does anyone know a way to get later versions (specifically v7.0) approved? I remember a discussion ( more than one year ago ) and please take a look at: Forum topic: IPP crypto and FIPS 140 Web-link: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/280747
0 Kudos
Srinidhi_V_
Beginner

Sergey -

Thank you, I saw that post.  Unfortunately, we are using v7.0, and for FIPs the version we are using specifically has to be compliant (that only shows v5.0 compliance).  If you (or anyone) knows some one to contact about this, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

This topic is currently under discussion.  No guarantees about whether IPP will pursue FIPS certification again, but more info will be posted here as product plans are approved.  BTW, are you interested in working with the IPP crypto primitives themselves or the IPP-optimized OpenSSL sample?  As you've probably seen, IPP's OpenSSL sample was discontinued in IPP 7.1.

0 Kudos
Srinidhi_V_
Beginner

We are interested in the crypto primitives.  Is there anybody specifically that we can speak with?  We are using a test lab for certification, and maybe there can be some cooperation between Intel and them for getting the soecific crypto module in our software certified.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
John_S_5
Beginner

I am also looking for FIPS 140-2 certification.  Is there any update from Intel if the they will pursue certification with the IPP crypto library?

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

John,
Only an old IPP 5.0 worked on the FIPS certification.  The newer versions of Crypto functions do not work on certification process. 

Regards,
Chao

0 Kudos