Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Failure when building "video_enc_con"

isn-removed200717

"video_enc_con" is one of the Media Processing Samples. I met with a failure when I built it. The error message is:

LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll)
LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __exit already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll)
LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __cexit already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll)
LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __c_exit already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll)
LIBCMT.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xc_z already defined in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xc_a already defined in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xi_z already defined in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xi_a already defined in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2005: __amsg_exit already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll)
LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2005: _mainCRTStartup already defined in MSVCRT.lib(crtexe.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(winxfltr.obj) : error LNK2005: __XcptFilter already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll)
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
....\_binwin32_iclvideo_enc_con.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x491'
Stop.

I have downloaded and installed the latest IPP 5.0 andI'm using VC.NET 7.1. The DirectX SDK 9.0 also installed. Please help me tackle this problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi,

do you use build scripts which provided with this sample or you created your own MSVC project instead?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
isn-removed200717
Yes, I am using "build32.bat" under the "media" directory. There will be no error if running withthe "cl" parameter.
Before that I also created a MSVC.net project in another separate sample root directory. Thereare also errors while linking: some ipp fuctions can be resolved but some can not -- very strange.
Regards
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi,

if I understood you correctly, you have no problems with sample and build script which comes with sample. Is that correct?

But you have errors at linkage stage with MSVC project which was created by your own. Right?

Errors you got usually caused when you link modules which use different CRT, for example static single-thread run-time libraries in one module and multithreaded DLL run-time libraries in another module. Could you please check project settings to verify you use the same run-time libs?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
isn-removed200717

Thank you for your reply. I have successfully build the "video_enc_con" using the Microsoft VC.net 7.1 solution. Theproblems in the former VC project are:

(1)The target is a console and I set it to window application

(2)An additional compiling option "/D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501" should be added (for XP)in the "vm" project, without which TryEnterCriticalSection function can not be resolved when linking vm_mutex_win32

(3)I forget to add ippvc.lib :-)

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Oh, that's great:)

BTW, have you been satisfied with functionality and/or performance of encoders?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos