Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

FilterDenoiseAdaptive

Scott_Danahy
Beginner
Hello,
I'm confused about the "maskSize" parameter toippiFilterDenoiseAdaptive. The documentation says that it "defines the region used in current pixel transformation" but I'm not clear on what that means. Anyone have any ideas? Also, is there any sample code for both this function andFilterDenoiseCAST?
Thank you,
Scott
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Scott_Danahy
Beginner
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Scott_Danahy
Beginner
Do you have any more information aboutFilterDenoiseCAST?
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

I could not find a sample code for this function. I notice some one asked on the clarification on the pHistoryWeight paramters:

pHistoryWeight contains the history weight for every block in the picture, the weight is used for blending in case of static content:

destination_pixel = ((previous_picture_pixel - current_picture_pixel) * history + current_picture_pixel * 256 + 128) / 256;

If theres no previous picture (the first picture in the sequence is being processed), the pHistoryWeight array is uniformly filled by the function with the value of pInParam->HistoryWeight, and is further updated inside the function, with no interference required from the user

Hope it can help.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Scott_Danahy
Beginner
Thank you. So the size of the pHistoryWeight array needs to be (roiWidth*roiHeight) / (pInParamBlock->Width*pInParam->BlockHeight)?
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

The size of the array should be not less than:
((srcRoiSize.width + pInParam->BlockWidth - 1)/ pInParam->BlockWidth)*(( srcRoiSize.height + pInParam->BlockHeight - 1)/ pInParam->BlockHeight)

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Scott_Danahy
Beginner
Great, thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
siddy
Beginner
Hi, May I ask an extended question on the same function? I am
not able to understand how I should set up the ppState ? I have
earlier used DenoiseCAST, and there the supporting structure was well defined.
Is there any structure definition for DenoiseAdaptive too?
Please advise. It would also be a great help if someone can give a small
example of how to set the varions parameters for DenoiseAdaptive before
calling this function.....
0 Kudos
siddy
Beginner
Hi experts,
since my last mail, I was able to successfully implement the routine
to perform adaptive denoising using the FilterDenoiseAdaptive function.
However, I am totally at loss at the amout of control that I have over the
denoising. Is there a way I can control the amount things other than the mask
size and threshold? Based on my experience with CAST, there were many parameters,
all of which I do not understand (I hava asked for a reference in an earlier enquiry),
but still I could see the effect it had on the images. I would be happy if one of the
experts could comment.

In a related issue, I have to process a stach of 200 images. Any recommendations on the
issue of speed (FilterDenoiseAdaptive is considerably slower than CAST) would also be
highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sid.
0 Kudos