Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6711 Discussions

Getting error 'icl.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command

Vineet_Srivastava
hi,
i am new to the Intel Integrated Performance Primitives. Yesterday i downloaded it and did the installation of it. Then i downloaded IPP Samples and i m trying to build speech-codec.
But the corresponding libs are not getting made and following error i m getting on running the bat file

'icl.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'icl.exe' : return code '0x1'
Stop.

Please help me out.

Thanks,
Vineet
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Vineet,

Welcome to Intel IPP users Group...

Looks like you are not installed Intel C++CompilerOR if you are installed intel compiler, set the environment variable. Also please refer to System Requirement section in the readme.htm file of each sample folder.

Thanks,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
Vineet_Srivastava
hi Naveen,
Thanks for the reply.
When i installed IPP its showing in Program files that Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 is there.
Do i need to install Intel Composer XE 2011 ?

Thanks for ur reply,
Vineet

Thanks,
Vineet
0 Kudos
VipinKumar_E_Intel
Yes, Intel compiler is part of the Composer now. So, you can install Composer XE 2011 andIPP is included in thecomposer package. You may build the samples using the Microsoft compiler too.

--Vipin
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Vineet,

You are not required to install the Intel compiler to build the samples, they can also be built with the Microsoft Visual Studio compiler. Judging by the error message, it appears that you have Visual Studio installed (VS 2005 or later).

I'm assuming that you have downloaded and installed only IPP, not the Composer XE evaluation. Is that correct?

It is possible that your PATH environment variable is too long. This can happen if your PATH was quite long before you did the install, or if you did multiple installs. Can you dump your path into a reply just to see what is there. Easiest way to do that is to type the "path" command at a cmd prompt and copy that into a reply.

Paul
0 Kudos
Vineet_Srivastava
Hi Paul,
Ya i have only installed IPP and not the Composer XE evaluation.

And i have Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.

I m pasting the PATH variable
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\OPENXTRA\Ethereal;C:\Program Files\OPENXTRA\WinDump;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin

Have a look and let me know.

Thanks,
Vineet
0 Kudos