Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

How can I use simple_player.exe and umc_video_enc_con.exe???

n_quoc_bao
Beginner
I had built the sample code 5.1 successfully.
But...... I have some troubles.

Please tell me, how can I use the simple_player.exe?
I use it, and with video, I just can hear the sound, not the video.
Here my screen: pic
how can I see that video when I use this program?

And umc_video_enc_con: I want to convert a video into H264
but it's like this: pic
Always into some frames like 100 or higher, and it stoped. I don't understand.

Thanks a lot. I really appriciate that.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

As you probably can see from sample's readme.htm file, WMV video codec is not supported.

The second, seems you set wrong parameters to encoder. Can you check with sample's readme.htm?

Vladimir

0 Kudos
n_quoc_bao
Beginner
Actually, the video file with the name "bao.avi" is a avi video with H264 encode (I had download it from the website: leadcodecs and I had change it extension).
You can see that in the first pic. Its streamtype is AVI.
And with this file, I can't see any video.
Can anyone here show me a link to one video that can be played with this simple_player? Tks a lot.

And I recognized that, with umc_video_enc_con, if I use the parameter w and h very small, about 10 & 8, the program could convert more much frames, about 35000 frames. And it still be stopped with the same problems like the second pic.
But with that video I had made (even I couldn't play it with Windows Media Player that has the H264 codec support), I can play it on simple_player. That video is originally about 40s, but when I played it on simple_player, it's only 3s. And the images of this video is error, which just only unarrange colors.
Help me. I need to know how to use these 2 programs.

If someone had used these 2 programs succesfully, can you tell me the way?
One more times, thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
n_quoc_bao
Beginner
Today, I had downloaded a avi video that someone had posted on this forum. That movie about the capote movie trailer. I had tested it with the simple_player, and it run succesfully, but without seeing the images of the video. When I used the parameter -vdx, I can see only the first frame of this movie.
I had checked all the parameters, but I can't see the movie.
So how I can? Please help me. Thank you very much.
T__T
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi,

did you have a chance to read readme.htm files for simple_player and video_enc_con applications? These files contains information about how to build and how to run these applications.

Regarding H.264 files you refer to we will test the media sample to understand what is wrong, thanks.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos