Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

How do I generate a image mask based on the ROI defined by manually drawn contour?

Nick_T_1
Beginner

Hi Folks:

My customer is going to draw some contour on an image to define some region of interest. Assuming those contours are closed, then how do I generate a mask image, say 1 within the ROI, and 0 other wise, using Intel IPP?

Thanks a lot.

Nick

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Nick, I guess, there are two key problems here. 1. about the region of closed contous (or ROI). which is rectangular or irregular form. In IPP, The ROI was defined: Image region of interest (ROI) is a rectangular area that may be either some part of the image or the whole image. If the contous is rectangular, then you can use ippiSet 2. "generate" a mask image.. in ippCV domain, there are some functions like ippiFloodFill, Performs flood filling of connected area, ippi LabelMarkers Labels markers in image with different values. SegmentWatershed Performs watershed image segmentation using markers. These functions will generate "region" image based on image segmentation algorithm. But the kind of images was generated as result. as i understand, you hope to generate a new mask image . Then it seems not better methods, may be set the array value manully based on the border condition. Best Regards, Ying
0 Kudos
Nick_T_1
Beginner

Let's say we have x, y coordinates of all the vertices of a polygon. How do I generate a mask, with pixels inside the polygon being 1 and outside being 0, based on x, y values?

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>Let's say we have x, y coordinates of all the vertices of a polygon. How do I generate a mask, with pixels inside the polygon >>being 1 and outside being 0, based on x, y values? Do you use OpenCV library? If Yes, please take a look at a cvFillPoly function.
0 Kudos
Tushar
Beginner

Hi Nick,

Did you find solution for this question?

I also need the Circular Cropping Using IPP .If you Have a Solution Let Me know.

Regards,

Tushar

0 Kudos