Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

How to debug the ipp-samples in vs 2005.net?

jilljilljill
Beginner

Hi, I am a user of IPP

I want to test some new algorithms in H.264, and I use the ipp-samples\audio-video-codecs as my platform. I have built and run the IPP lib success. And encode *.yuv files to *.264 files through umc_video_enc_con.exe success.
But if I modified the some codes in files in h264_enc\src, I had to run build32.bat to build all the files in ipp-samples\audio-video-codecs. It waste many time somewhat.

So, I begin to build a project in vs2005.net, and want to debug the files through vs2005.net. But there are many link errors, such as

public: __thiscall UMC::BaseCodec::BaseCodec(void)" (??0BaseCodec@UMC@@QAE@XZ) and many other link errors including error LNK2001 error LNK2019 error LNK2010

Therefore, could you give me some suggestions howto build and debugfiles inipp-samples\audio-video-codecs in vs2005.net ?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
pushkar_p
Beginner
Quoting - jilljilljill

Hi, I am a user of IPP

I want to test some new algorithms in H.264, and I use the ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs as my platform. I have built and run the IPP lib success. And encode *.yuv files to *.264 files through umc_video_enc_con.exe success.
But if I modified the some codes in files in h264_encsrc, I had to run build32.bat to build all the files in ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs. It waste many time somewhat.

So, I begin to build a project in vs2005.net, and want to debug the files through vs2005.net. But there are many link errors, such as

public: __thiscall UMC::BaseCodec::BaseCodec(void)" (??0BaseCodec@UMC@@QAE@XZ) and many other link errors including error LNK2001 error LNK2019 error LNK2010

Therefore, could you give me some suggestions howto build and debugfiles inipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs in vs2005.net ?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
pushkar_p
Beginner
Quoting - jilljilljill

Hi, I am a user of IPP

I want to test some new algorithms in H.264, and I use the ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs as my platform. I have built and run the IPP lib success. And encode *.yuv files to *.264 files through umc_video_enc_con.exe success.
But if I modified the some codes in files in h264_encsrc, I had to run build32.bat to build all the files in ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs. It waste many time somewhat.

Therefore, could you give me some suggestions howto build and debugfiles inipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs in vs2005.net ?

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

I have built the simple player in VS 2008. I mean I don't use the make file and batch files provided by IPP. I created the solution from scratch. It includes the audio video codecs. If you want I can post it here?

pushkar

0 Kudos
jilljilljill
Beginner

Dear pushkar,

Thank you very very much. I am eager to learn it. Please post it here.

Nice to meet you.

Yours

jill

0 Kudos
pushkar_p
Beginner
Quoting - jilljilljill

Dear pushkar,

Thank you very very much. I am eager to learn it. Please post it here.

Nice to meet you.

Yours

jill

Hello Jill,

I am attaching the simple player solution and 5 project files of Visual Studio 2008. I am not sure if they are compatible with VS 2005. I am purposely not attaching the source code files since you must have it already. My project was build with IPP 5.3.083.

When you open the solution in VS you will see the files that it's missing and you can add them from your computer.

pushkar

0 Kudos
jilljilljill
Beginner
Quoting - pushkar_p

Hello Jill,

I am attaching the simple player solution and 5 project files of Visual Studio 2008. I am not sure if they are compatible with VS 2005. I am purposely not attaching the source code files since you must have it already. My project was build with IPP 5.3.083.

When you open the solution in VS you will see the files that it's missing and you can add them from your computer.

pushkar

Dear pushkar,

OK, thanks a lot. But where is the attachment?

if you do not mind, could you send the files directly to my email: ?

very very thanks.

Yours jill

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Jill,

You can check the latest IPP 6.0 release and audio and video Codec sample. IPP 6.0 sample includes the vs. 2005.net for audio-video-codecs samples

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
jilljilljill
Beginner
Dear Chao,
OK, Thanks a lot, I will try.
Nice to meet you.

Yours,

Jill

0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee
Quoting - jilljilljill
I had to run build32.bat to build all the files in ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs. It waste many time somewhat.

Hi, Buildxx.bat files usually contain two successive "nmake..." lines. The first line does clean-up of sample workspace, i.e. deletes all objects and executables. You may comment the first nmake line out and build.bat will behave like ordinary make, so it will rebuild what is necessary only. Or, you might have already done that?

0 Kudos
mintsu
Beginner
Hi Pushkar,

I would appreciate if you posted your solution for building in VS2008.

Best regards,

Mintsu

Quoting - pushkar_p

Hello,

I have built the simple player in VS 2008. I mean I don't use the make file and batch files provided by IPP. I created the solution from scratch. It includes the audio video codecs. If you want I can post it here?

pushkar

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel
The sample is built with 2005. It is expected to work with VS 2008 (VS 2005 can automatically conert the projects).

Did you get any problem on this?

Thanks,
Chao
0 Kudos
Heidarian
Beginner
Quoting - pushkar_p

Hello,

pushkar

Dear friends

I got the same errors as jilljilljill (linker errors).
Do anyone have Pushkar's project? I can not fine the attached files?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Heidarian,

IPP UMC smaple code include project files in the currect release. For example, for simpleplayer applicaiton, you can find the solution files at:
ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecsapplicationsimple_player

Can it work for you?

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Heidarian
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Y (Intel)

Hi Heidarian,

IPP UMC smaple code include project files in the currect release. For example, for simpleplayer applicaiton, you can find the solution files at:
ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecsapplicationsimple_player

Can it work for you?

Thanks,
Chao

Dear Chao

I tried to build simpleplayer,but I got following errors:

2>c:ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecsioaudio_rendersincludedsound_buf.h(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory
2>directsound_render.cpp
1>c:ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecsioaudio_rendersincludedirectsound_render.h(18) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs_binWin32debug_asciiumc_pipelineBuildLog.htm"
1>umc_pipeline - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>c:ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecsioaudio_rendersincludedirectsound_render.h(18) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory
2>Generating Code...
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs_binWin32debug_asciiaudio_rendersBuildLog.htm"
2>audio_renders - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
3>------ Build started: Project: simple_player, Configuration: debug_ascii Win32 ------
3>Linking...
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '...._binwin32debug_asciiaudio_rendersaudio_renders.lib'

I searched ipp-samples directory,but could not find dsound.h and audio_renders.lib.
There was not any more error and all other files complied correctly.
I do not know what is the problem!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Dear heidarian,

Have youone Microsoft* DirectX* SDK version installed on your machine? Theaudio-video-codec sampe requiretheSDK. Please see the software requirement as below (and the file "dsound.h"isfrom it)

Software requirements:
  • Intel IPP for Windows* version 6.1
  • Intel C++ Compiler for Windows*: version 10.1, 11.0, or 11.1
  • Intel Parallel Composer
  • Microsoft* Windows* Vista, Microsoft* Windows* XP, Microsoft* Windows* 2003 Server, or Microsoft* Windows* 2008 Server
  • Microsoft* DirectX*: 9.0 SDK Update (August 2008)
  • Microsoft* Visual C++* 2003, Microsoft* Visual C++* 2005, Microsoft* Visual C++* 2008
    • When building for a Intel Xeon processor with Intel EM64T, the Microsoft* EM64T Platform SDK is required
Best Regards,
Ying

0 Kudos
Heidarian
Beginner
Quoting - Ying Hu (Intel)

Dear heidarian,

Have you one Microsoft* DirectX* SDK version installed on your machine? The audio-video-codec sampe require the SDK. Please see the software requirement as below (and the file "dsound.h" is from it)

Software requirements:
  • Intel IPP for Windows* version 6.1
  • Intel C++ Compiler for Windows*: version 10.1, 11.0, or 11.1
  • Intel Parallel Composer
  • Microsoft* Windows* Vista, Microsoft* Windows* XP, Microsoft* Windows* 2003 Server, or Microsoft* Windows* 2008 Server
  • Microsoft* DirectX*: 9.0 SDK Update (August 2008)
  • Microsoft* Visual C++* 2003, Microsoft* Visual C++* 2005, Microsoft* Visual C++* 2008
    • When building for a Intel Xeon processor with Intel EM64T, the Microsoft* EM64T Platform SDK is required
Best Regards,
Ying

Dear Ying

Thanks very much, I installed DirectX SDK, and the problem resolved.

Regards
0 Kudos