Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

How to repeatedly add two images with different size?

ederman
Beginner
Dear all,
I am going to add one small image data to another big one, but I need to repeat copying the small one to fill out all the big image region. This is similar to copying one small matrix data repeatedly to one bigger matrix in a loop in c++, etc. Is there any good way to do this? 
I was thinking about changing the starting point and region of interest each time while using "add" in ipp, which sounds also like a loop. But I failed. 
Many thanks in advance. 
Best regards,
Ederman 
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
Is it possible to attach a snippet of the code that is failing?
0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Ederman,

It should be right that to chang the starting point and region of interest each time while using "add or Copy" in ipp , to copy a small image to another big image. 

For example,
big image

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20
the (0, 0) point : pSrcDst 

small image
1 2
3 4
the starting point: pSrc
roiSize = {2, 2};

You may change pSrcDst to pSrcDst to pSrcDst+2 to piont (0, 2) , use

IppStatus ippiAdd_(const Ipp* pSrc, int srcStep, Ipp* pSrcDst, int srcDstStep, IppiSize roiSize);
(please note : as the Regin of interest is unchanged in the case, you don't need change it)

to add
3 4
8 9
and
1 2
3 4

if move pSrcDst to pSrcDst+3, then add
4 5
9 10
and
1 2
3 4.

Best Regards,
Ying

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Ying,

Quoting Ying H (Intel)
...to add
8 9
and

if move pSrcDst to pSrcDst+3, then add
4 5
9 10
and
1 2
3 4

It looks like there is a small error in the description of the solution. It adds values {2,4} to {4,9} and then again {1,3} to {4,9}.
I underlined all these values.

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
Not applicable
EDerman wrote:

Dear all, I am going to add one small image data to another big one, but I need to repeat copying the small one to fill out all the big image region. This is similar to copying one small matrix data repeatedly to one bigger matrix in a loop in c++, etc. Is there any good way to do this?  I was thinking about changing the starting point and region of interest each time while using "add" in ipp, which sounds also like a loop. But I failed.  Many thanks in advance.  Best regards, Ederman 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Ederman, >>... >>... This is similar to copying one small matrix data repeatedly to one bigger matrix in a loop in c++, etc. Is there any good way to do this? I was thinking about changing the >>starting point and region of interest each time while using "add" in ipp, which sounds also like a loop. But I failed... >>... That question was already asked: Could you upload your test-case? It is impossible to understand where your error is without seeing the test-case. Best regards, Sergey
0 Kudos