I tested Intel IPP 7.0 Beta on our MPEG-2 Video Encoder and saw no performance change (on Core 2 Duo though) from IPP 6.1.
Could you please tell if there were notabalbe changes in IPP 7.0. We are using following functions:
1) Diff functions: ippiGetDiff16x16_8u16s_C1, ippiGetDiff16x8_8u16s_C1;
2) Motion Compensation functions like ippiMC16x16_8u_C1,
3) Forward/Inverse DCT like ippiDCT8x8Fwd_16s_C1R,
4) Forward/Inverse Quantization: ippiQuantInv_MPEG2_16s_C1I,
5) SAD/SSD like ippiSSD8x8_8u32s_C1R and SSD ippiSSD8x8_8u32s_C1R,
6) ippiVarMean8x8_16s32s_C1R etc.
In IPP 7.0 beta, several image processing functions are optimized for Intel AVX,
You will get performance benefit only when you use AVX instructions supported hardware.
Also, in this release few UMC related bugs are fixed. I dont think any other code changes have done in the beta release compare to IPP 6.1.
If you want to test sample code of IPP MPEG-2 encoder, click here.